A series of reasons can cause issues with your Epson printer and consequently show up as an Error printer in error state. If your Epson printer is not working properly and showing errors in printing or connecting with your computer, you have to fix certain things. As this is a fixable issue, this article has provided various reasons to cause the Epson printer in an error state and effective solutions to fix it. Read ahead to solve your queries affiliated with your Epson printer issues.
What are the Reasons to Trigger the Epson Printer Error State?
From hardware-related issues to printer software glitches, a multitude of factors can make you face issues with your Epson printer. But whatever be the reason, you will not be able to print using your printer. Thus, it is crucial to know the possible issues before applying methods to troubleshoot them. Have a look at some reasons to show up your printer in an error state.
- Issues with the software.
- Problems with the software installation.
- Your device is not properly connected to the printer.
- The device is not turned on properly.
- Papers are stuck in the printer.
- You are using an incorrect ink cartridge.
- Insufficient power supply to your printer.
- Outdated printer driver.
- Issues with your windows 10 to display printer in error state windows 10.
- Faulty printer driver, etc.
How to Fix the Epson Printer Error State?
Check the trouble-shooters mentioned below to fix the error state of your Epson printer.
Method 1. Windows Troubleshooter
Run windows troubleshooter to fix various issues in your system along with the Epson printer error state. Here is how you can locate it.
- Before you run the windows troubleshooter, make sure your device is connected to the Epson printer.
- Type �printer� in the windows search bar on your system.
- Press the enter button to launch it.
- Select the �Devices and Printers� option.
- In the all connected devices to your system list, look for the Epson printer and right-click on it.
- Select the �troubleshoot� option in the drop-down menu.
- Once the fix completes, launch the �start� menu.
- Now go to �Settings� > �Devices� > �Printers & Scanners�
- Look for your Epson device and select �Add a printer or scanner�
Method 2. Use Original and Original Ink Cartridge
Using a faulty ink cartridge for your printer will put your printer in an error state. Thus, we recommend you use the original ink cartridge. Visit the printeralign.com web page for more info.
Method 3. Check for the Printer Blockage
If anything is blocking your printer, it will show errors in it.
- Cut the power supply to your printer and open the printer cover.
- Approach the printhead and slightly tilt it towards the left.
- Turn on your printer and check if the colors are appearing to be affected.
- Now, open the control panel on your Epson device and select �Tools�> �print quality�> �OK�
- Now, go to the �Menu� option and select �Settings� > �OK�
- Now, go back to the �Tool� menu and click on �Clean Printhead� > �OK�
Method 4. Update Driver of Your Epson Printer
Update your Epson printer driver to avoid Epson printer error codes. Here are the directions to do it.
- Press �Windows + R� keys together to open �Run�
- Enter devmgmt.msc and press Enter button.
- �Device Manager� will open up.
- Locate �Epson Printer� and choose �Update Driver Software�
- Click on the �Search automatically for updated driver software�
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
Method 5. Restart Your Printer
Turn off your Epson printer and start it again to connect with your device. Also, check the USB is working properly.