OST and PST files are two types of data files used by Microsoft Outlook to store email messages, contacts, calendar entries, and other data.
OST (Offline Storage Table) files are used by Outlook to allow users to work with their email and other data even when they are not connected to the server. OST files are created when a user sets up Outlook to work in cached exchange mode, which downloads a copy of the mailbox data to the local computer. Any changes made to the mailbox data in cached exchange mode are saved to the OST file, which is synchronized with the server the next time the user connects.
PST (Personal Storage Table) files are used to store email messages, contacts, and other data in a local file on the user’s computer. PST files are typically used when Outlook is configured to work in POP3 or IMAP mode, which downloads email messages from the server to the local computer. PST files can also be used to archive older email messages and other data to free up space on the server.
Overall, OST files are used in conjunction with the Microsoft Exchange server for offline access to email and other data, while PST files are used for local storage of email messages and other data in Outlook.
Strong Method to Move Multiple OST Files in Outlook PST File in Mac
MacMister Mac OST Converter is a reliable, secure, direct, fast, and error-free software to convert OST (Offline Storage Table) files to other file formats, such as PST, MSG, EML, PDF, HTML, DOC, MBOX, RTF, CSV, ICS, Thunderbird, Gmail, IMAP, Yahoo, Office 365, and more saving options. The tool provides multiple features like batch conversion mode, destination location, file naming option, user-friendly GUI, free trial edition, and the ability to preserve metadata and other email attributes during the conversion process. It is completely independent software to perform its work and doesn’t need the installation of additional programs. The tool is developed with a simple GUI interface so non-technical users can also use the program. Moreover, it works with all editions of Outlook, Mac OS, and Windows OS.
5 Steps to Move Multiple OST Files in Outlook PST File in Mac OS
Start the Mac OST to PST Tool on Mac OS-based machine.
- Start the Mac OST to PST Tool on Mac OS-based machine.
- Here the software provides dual different options to upload OST mailbox data to the program interface. One can use Add Files option to upload a single OST file or Add Folder option to upload OST files consisting of folders. Then, press the Next tab.
- Now, choose the PST format from Select Saving Options.
- Then, choose the Desired Location in order to store the resultant files respectively.
- After that, hit the Export tab to start the conversion process.
Powerful and Robust Benefits of OST to PST for Mac Tool
- The utility enables you to create OST file email in Outlook on Mac in bulk in few a simple steps.
- The software keeps the folder structure both during and after the conversion in its original form.
- It offers a 100 % assurance of security; the tool won’t damage your system or use your data in any way.
- Using the tool’s dual mode, you may choose to batch or selectively import OST files to PST format at the same time.
- The destination location of the resulting data can be freely chosen.
- It is compatible with all MAC OS versions including Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, and other below versions.
In the above blog, we have provided a complete and direct solution on how to move multiple OST files in Outlook PST file in Mac OS. If you want to import mass OST mailbox data to Outlook PST on a Mac-based computer then, the best option is this OST to PST Converter for Mac Tool. With this application, one can easily import OST files to PST files on any latest and previous edition of Mac OS without a single problem. Also, this professional app gives a free demo version that enables to export the first 25 items from each opted folder without any cost.