Did you find a Blue Screen STOP Error Code 0x0000007b on your Windows screen? If yes, then learn simple ways to fight out with such types of errors. First, understand what the error is all about, then its reasons, and in the end, its solutions.
What happens when you get STOP 0x0000007B Error?
This error is known as the Blue Screen Error or Blue Screen of Death. You can identify it with the basic symptoms as your computer shows a blue screen with the following message:
Do you want to know about the probable causes behind this blue screen of Death? Then read on about it next.
Major Reasons that lead to Blue Screen STOP Error Code
You must be wondering what must have caused this Blue Screen 0x0000007b Error. The most common known causes are:
- Incorrect BIOS configuration.
- Missing or corrupted bootloader files.
- Damaged Registry.
- Boot sector virus.
- Hard drive failure.
- Corrupted EFI bootloader.
This error can occur in any of Microsoft’s Windows operating systems such as Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows NT.
But, now you are stuck with the question of how to deal with this Error Code 0x0000007b? Read about the solutions to deal with this error.
DIY Guide to fix Blue Screen STOP Error Code 0x0000007b
As we have already seen that there are multiple causes behind STOP Error Code 0x0000007b. So, there are many possible methods to fix the error. But, we have some methods to instantly fix Blue Screen Error.
1. Restart your Machine
Start with the simple step first. All You need to do is shut down and restart your computer again. Many times a simple step like restarting your computer can solve many computer flaws. But, if still, the STOP Error 0x0000007b shows up, then try out the next method.
2. Boot Your System to Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced)
The Blue Screen 0x0000007b Error might be the result of recent registry settings or driver changes you made on your Windows. So, boot your system to the last known good configuration option to undo those changes. To do so:
- Shut down and restart your Windows. Start to press the F8 key continuously on your keyboard, but remember to do it before it shows the Windows logo screen.
- Press the down arrow key ↓ to select Last Known Good Configurations, then press Enter.
- Wait until your system or PC boot into Windows.
3. Execute complete Virus Scan on Computer/PC
You must have encountered Blue Screen STOP Error Code 0x0000007b as your computer is infected with a boot-sector virus. So, use the following steps to run a virus scan on your computer to get rid of the error.
- Firstly, make sure that your antivirus software is up to date.
- After that, Boot your computer into Safe Mode and then launch your third-party antivirus software.
Alert! If you do not have any third-party antivirus tool, then it is recommended to boot your computer into Safe Mode with the Internet so that you can download antivirus software.
3. Finally, you must Run the complete virus scan for your full system to get rid of any virus on it. After the Scanning of the system gets complete, hopefully, the error must have been resolved. But, if the Blue Screen 0x0000007b Error still shows then try the next method.
4. Clear System Junk Files:
Sometimes due to the batch or huge junk files available on the system Windows works stagnantly and responds slowly. And throws the error as FTDISK_INTERNAL_ERROR. So, it is required to clear the junk file to fix the error. After this, the system performance will be improved. All you have to do to clear the junk files use the Windows Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr). Follow the below instructions :
- Redirect to the Start button on your system.
- Then go to the search tab, type command, and choose Command Prompt.
- Tap on CTRL + Shift keys and press Enter.
- Now, hit Yes on the permission pop-up shown.
- Then find a black box with a blinking cursor, key-in cleanmgr, and press on Enter.
- Choose the required drive to clean and tap on OK.
- Wait for some while i.e, till the Disk Cleanup evaluates the filled disk space for reclaim.
- Now put a checkmark on the categories boxes needed to clean.
- Finally, Hit OK.
5. Fix MRB
To fix the STOP 0x0000007B Error use the command “fixmbr”. This error is shown due to the corrupt master boot record. The computer or PC creates the new master boot to keep a record of the changes of system activities. After you run the command “fixmbr”, restart the computer again. By doing so error may be resolved automatically. But this command can only be used in Windows XP and Windows 2000.
Execute the command prompt by following the instruction below:
- Press on the terminal box and type command prompt in the box.
- Now, type the command “fixmbr”. Once the process completes then restart your system again.
- Ensure whether the error message is resolved or not.
6. Resolve issue from BIOS Configurations
Another way that you can use to fix the Blue Screen STOP Error Code 0x0000007b by solving the memory issues in BIOS settings. It results better If you know the memory issue then remove the CMOS.
Note: If you still find the error in your device then once try to repair the corrupted files in Windows. And for this just run the repair portion in the device start-up.
However even after executing all the above steps successfully the error still persists then you can also use a third-party utility like Windows Data Recovery. The tool will recover the lost or formatted data without any hassle.
Here in this write-up, we discussed different ways to fix the Blue Screen STOP Error Code 0x0000007b. Various manual approaches are discussed, you can fix your issue using any of the methods discussed here.