A human’s first pleasure is considered to be a healthy body. Keeping the body healthy and healthy is not at all a difficult task. But due to lack of physical activity, the body’s fat starts increasing, and flexibility decreases.
The great yoga gurus of India have created some yogasanas to overcome this problem of humans. These yoga asanas not only make the body flexible but also help in making it completely healthy.
Ankaran Dhanurasana is one such yogasana. This asana is considered a variation of Dhanurasana. But if seen, this asana is in many ways different from Dhanurasana and even more beneficial.
That is why in this article I will give information about what is Dhanurasana, the benefits of doing Dhanurasana, the right way to do it, method, and precautions.
What is Aakrana Dhanurasana (Shooting Bow Pose)?
Aakarana Dhanurasana is a Sanskrit word. These words consist of a total of 4 words. The first word is ‘aa’. Aa means to call.
The second word ‘Karna’ means ‘ear’. The third word ‘Dhanu’ means bow. Whereas the fourth word asana refers to sitting, standing, or lying in a particular position. This is named posture.
Aakrana Dhanurasana is also called Archer pose, Bow and Arrow pose, or Shooting Bow pose in English. While doing this asana, the body pulls the arrow up to the ear and makes the pose of a standing archer or archer.
Aakrana Dhanurasana is a posture of yoga with moderate difficulty configuration. This asana is also performed in the Iyengar yoga style. It is recommended to practice it for 20 seconds. Aakarna Dhanurasana Yoga consists of two repetitions with each leg.
With the regular practice of Aakrana Dhanurasana,
Hands and shoulders
Biceps and triceps
Knees get a stretch.
Benefits of Akarna Dhanurasana:
Regular practice of Aakrana Dhanurasana provides many important benefits to the body. like,
-Strengthens the leg muscles by giving them excellent stretches.
-Helps tone the core muscles of the body.
-Helps increase blood circulation throughout the body.
-Removes digestive problems.
-Helps to cure chronic constipation as well.
-Relieves pain in the large intestine and the lower abdomen.
-Stretches the lungs and develops the ability to breathe.
-Increases flexibility in many body parts.
-In these organs,
- The groin
- The shoulder
- spinal cord
- Stomach muscles
- The neck etc.
How to do Akarna Dhanurasana with Right Technique and Posture:
- Gradually increase the practice to attract attention.
- If having any trouble immediately stop doing this.
- Do not pressurize your knees and shoulders.
- Before doing yoga asana have some warm-up.
- Slowly stop practicing asana and relax.
- For the first time, do these asanas under the supervision of a yoga guru.
Step by Step Instructions-
- Sit comfortably on a yoga mat.
- The head, shoulders, and back will remain straight.
- Place the palms on the thighs and breathe deeply.
- Move the right hand towards the big toe of the right foot.
- Keep the right leg straight.
- Grab the toe and pull the right foot towards the face.
- With the left hand, bend down to reach the big toe of your left foot.
- The left leg should be firmly grounded
- Move the right foot towards the right ear in front of the face with the right hand.
- When raising the left leg with the right hand, take a deep breath while exhaling.
- Attracting your torso and neck while performing Dhanurasana
- Stable in this position for 20 sec.
- Exhale and return to your original position.
- Perform the Dhanurasana with the left foot and right foot for repetition.
- Repeat this asana at least twice with each leg.
- Keep breathing at normal speed.
Precautions need to be taken:
- Dhanurasana should be practiced in the morning.
- Make a gap for 4 to 6 hours between eating foods and doing yoga asana.
- Before defecation, defecate and the stomach should be completely empty.
- Make sure that you are not suffering from any serious injury.
- Stop doing this asana if suffering from diarrhea.
- Attraction should not be done in the case of neck pain.
- Do not raise your hands when there is a problem with shoulder pain.
- In case of knee pain or arthritis, practice with the help of a wall.
- Stop doing this asana, if suffering from high blood pressure
- Initially, do Aakaran Dhanurasan under the supervision of a yoga trainer.
- You can practice this asana yourself.
- Do seek the advice of a doctor before practicing Dhanurasana.
If you want to become a yoga teacher and start your own yoga studio then you can join yoga school in Rishikesh, and take your first step towards becoming a certified yoga teacher.