In this article, we will learn why users want to backup office 365 mailbox to PST and how to export emails from Outlook 365 through the manual method. If you are looking for a quick and easiest method, this article will be helpful for you. Let us first learn about Office 365 and PST files.?
Office 365 is a cloud-based membership service that gives Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Outlook. It is useful for both personal and professional users. By using it, you can access your email and other files from anywhere and at any time. Now, we should know the reasons to backup Office 365.
Reasons to transfer Office 365 mailbox to PST
Office 365 is generally considered safe. But their data can be damaged due to various factors. Therefore, we have to need to backup Office 365 mailbox to PST. Some of the reasons are given below.
- Office 365 has fewer features as compared with Microsoft Outlook.
- Microsoft does not give any advanced features to backup Office 365 mailboxes.
- Without an internet connection, you can not access the Office 365 mailbox.
- You can decrease the size of the Office 365 mailboxes by using a way to backup o365 mailbox to PST.
- You can not protect the data from malware and hacking without exporting the Office 365 mailbox to the PST.
- Before changing jobs, many professionals want to export Office 365 archive mailboxes to PST. When switching jobs, they don’t want to lose any important data.
These all are the reasons due to users want to Export Office 365 mailbox to PST. Now, let’s move to manual steps to backup Office 365 emails.
Method 1. How to export emails from Outlook 365 manually by using MS Outlook.
You can use Microsoft Outlook to export Office 365 mailbox to PST. Let us see the steps to transfer Office 365 mailbox to PST using manual techniques.
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your system.
- Then, choose the file menu located in the left corner of Outlook Windows.
- Now, select the import and export option.
- After that, choose an option choose a file, and press Next.
- To create a file of type pick Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on the Next tab.
- Now, choose the folder that you want to transfer as PST and tap on the Next button.
- At last, check to Replace Duplicates with Items Exported option and hit on the Finish button.
You can backup o365 mailbox to PST using the manual procedures. However, the manual techniques are lengthy and time taking. It has some drawbacks. Some of the limitations of using traditional methods are discussed in the next phase.?
Limitations Of Using Manual Procedures
There are some drawbacks to using manual methods
- Using manual methods is so difficult, it requires technical expertise to perform the process. It’s not suitable for beginners.
- To complete the entire process, it takes a lot of time.
- There is a chance of losing data by using these steps.
- Sometimes, manual methods failed to select data like emails, contacts, calendars, etc.
- PST data serves as a backup that can be accessed whenever necessary.
To avoid these problems, you can use an automated method using a tool to backup Office 365 mailbox to PST. Experts always advise using professional methods instead of using manual methods for the safety of data.
By using the automated method, you can easily export Office 365 emails. It takes less time to complete the transformation process.
It has many advanced features that make the procedures easy. There is no chance of data loss. Through this method, you can also export Office 365 to different file formats. It can also backing up Outlook 365 emails to a desktop or hard drive. Now, let’s see the whole article in a few lines.
We have explained in this article about office 365 and viewed the reasons why should I backup mailbox Office 365. We have learned about both the methods manual and professional. But using manual techniques is difficult and time-consuming. Therefore, I have also mentioned a professional method to backup Office 365 mailbox to PST for easy and secure conversion. You can choose any of the methods according to your choice. Hope you find your solution here.