Social media platforms have made it easier for people to communicate and access tons of great filters and features which makes it quite easy for you to have a great time. There are tons of great social media platforms that one can use to interact with new users and to also get in touch with friends and families without much fuss.
Out of all of these social media platforms, one remains at the top, undisputed and undefeated by any other social media platform. Facebook is an amazing social media platform that has been at the top of the table for more than a decade now.
Apart from all of the great filters and features that this website offers, it also keeps the users updated with new versions and privacy policies which make it quite simple for the users to keep themselves up to date.
The platform Facebook is also one of the most secure platforms on the internet after the recent breach raised questions on the security of the platform. It even gives you a great way to recover your deleted account just in case you made the mistake of deleting your account without knowing about the consequences of doing so.
This deletion can be simply recovered without much fuss in case you have deleted your account by mistake, you can simply read the blog till the end to know how you can do so with relative ease.
There are the three major steps that one can use to recover your Facebook account
- Go to Facebook.com
- Access your account by using the login details.
- Use the cancel deletion option.
Steps to recover when Facebook has disabled your account
- Open your web browser and visit this link, http://www.facebook.com/ to direct yourself to the official homepage of Facebook.
- From there, you will need to enter your login details to access your account.
- Once you have done this, you will simply need to click on the login button to access your account. Make sure that this process needs to be done within 30 days of deleting your account.
- As soon as your password and email address have been accepted, you will need to choose one of the two options, confirm or cancel the deletion option.
These simple steps can help you on how to recover your Facebook account with relative ease. You will find that all of your posts, videos, photos, and other things will still be the same.
In some cases of recovery, you may even need to ask your identity, which can be done with the help of your friends as they may help you out with the date of birth or other security questions.
Although the earlier deadline for the account recovery was 2 weeks which was further extended to 30 days. This gives you a total of 1 month to reverse your decision in case you change your mind. It was seen by the developers of Facebook itself that many people tried to access their account only after 2 weeks of deleting their account, which is why the company of Facebook eventually increased the period for the recovery process of your disabled Facebook account.
Let us take a look at the difference between deactivation and deletion of your Facebook account
In case you deactivate your Facebook account
- It is possible to reactivate your deactivated account whenever you want to.
- No one will be able to search for you or see your timeline when you deactivate your account.
- There might be some limited amount of information that is visible to others such as attachments and messages that you sent.
- Your data and your Facebook profile will not be removed if you do deactivate your account.
- You can still use the messenger just in case you have deactivated your Facebook account.
In case you deleted your Facebook account
- There is no possible way to recover once you have deleted your account.
- Your friends and other members of the social media platform will still be able to access the messages that you have sent.
- All of your data and details are stored in the Facebook backup server for a total of 90 days and once the 90 days are over, it will be gone forever.
- You will be unable to access other services where you have signed up with your Facebook account.
This is the major difference between the two that every user should know about. Make sure that the next time you try to deactivate your account, instead of deleting your account as you may regret it later.
For any more info or queries regarding this issue, simply contact the help and support center of Facebook.