You must be going through an annoying situation when you see that your laptop touchpad is not working. But, it is very difficult to handle when the touchpad is responsible for every important work that you are doing. There are some simple solutions that you can use to fix the problem. Maximum tips are there for Windows users, but Mac users can also try them to solve the problem. The fixes are given below; let’s go through them.
Common Solutions to Fix non-functional Touchpad on Laptops
If you see that the touchpad of the laptop is not working then you can go for these methods or ways. These fixes will help you to solve the problem of your laptop, even for your MacBook. The ways are given below. You can also contact laptop repair Lucknow for further help.
You need to first check whether the problem is related to the operating system or not
First, you have to check if both the computer and the operating system is working or not. If you see that it is not responding to any of your commands, then it might be because of the fact that your computer is frozen. Hence, the touchpad will also not work. If you want to check for this issue then you have to press the Windows key and open the Start menu.
If you want to check if your laptop has frozen, then you need to press the caps lock. If you see that the LED has turned on, then go for the next step. But, if it is not responding, then you need to reboot the laptop or computer. You can also press CTRL+Alt+Del so that the Windows Task Manager opens. Then, you need to highlight the programs that are not working. If you think you need expert help then you can contact the best laptop repair Lucknow.
You can also use the Fn key combination
It has often been seen that in some laptops, the Fn key+function key enables the touchpad to work. This combo will also disable the touchpad on your laptop. So, if this feature is available on your laptop, you can use it to turn it on and also to turn off the touchpad. If you are using a MacBook, then hire experts from MacBook repair Lucknow to solve the problem.
Make changes in the touchpad/mouse settings
To solve the problem, you can also make certain changes in the touchpad settings. The steps are given below. Remember, Acer laptops should be taken to reliable Acer laptop service centre Lucknow.
- First, you need to press the Windows key and then type ‘touchpad’, and select the touchpad settings from the results. You can also try an alternative method; for that, you need to press the Windows key+I to open the Settings. Then, you need to click on the device and then the touchpad.
- Now, you need to make sure that the touchpad switch is on. Finally, test the touchpad whether it is working or not.
You can also use mouse settings,
- First, you need to go to the Windows key, then you need to type ‘control panel’, and press Enter. Then, click on the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option to initiate the process.
- Then, under the Devices and Printers, you will see the Mouse option.
- Now, locate the Touchpad settings on the Mouse properties. Click on the ‘Enable touchpad’, then click Apply and Okay. Finally, test whether the touchpad is working or not.
If you are a mac user then you can follow these steps:
- For macOS, you have to click on the System Preferences, which you will find on the Apple menu, on the top of your desktop screen.
- You will see the Trackpad icon on the System Preference. Click it to open the Trackpad settings.
- Now, you just have to adjust the trackpad as per your preferences. And, then check if the trackpad is working or not. You can also take help from MacBook repair Lucknow.
You need to reset the Touchpad Settings to get rid of the problem
If the above solution does not work, then you can opt for resetting touchpad settings to fix the problem.
For Windows users,
- You need to press the Windows key and then type ‘touchpad’. Now, go to the Touchpad setting. Or, you can also press Windows key+I to go to the Settings.
- You need to scroll down in the Touchpad window and go to the reset your Touchpad section. Then, click on the Reset button. Now, see if the Touchpad is working or not. You can also go for laptop repair Lucknow for extra help.
For mac users,
In macOS, you can just reset a few of the trackpad settings by following the instructions.
- First, you need to open the terminal app. Then, you need to enter the command and press enter after each command.
- You can also manually try to adjust other trackpad settings to see if these changes can solve the problem. After adjusting, you need to check whether the touchpad problem is solved or not. You can also contact MacBook repair Lucknow for further professional help.
Check the device manager and also update the driver to get rid of the problem
If the above solutions cannot help you, then you can check the Device Manager for detailed information about hardware issues and also it can help you to update the drivers.
- First, you need to press the Windows key and type ‘device manager’, then you have to press Enter.
- You will see that the touchpad is listed in the Human Interface Device. You have to double-click on it to locate the touchpad.
- Then, right-click on the Touchpad icon after locating it and select the Update Driver software.
- You can also select the ‘search automatically’ for updated driver software and follow the steps to initiate the process. If you have an Acer company laptop, then take it to Acer laptop service centre Lucknow.
You can also check the BIOS setup
You need to make sure that the touchpad is not disabled in the BIOS setup. You have to check the hardware device settings in the BIOS setup and re-enable it if you see that it is disabled. Then, you just have to restart your laptop. Now, see if the touchpad is working or not.
So, this was all about how to resolve the problem of the touchpad on the laptop when it is not working. All these steps are very easy and will resolve your problem at the earliest. If the problem is not solved, then you can hire any professional from the best laptop repair Lucknow.