Flooring is especially important when you are making a new home. The industry of flooring industry in Australia in 2020 was around USD 50 million. When making a new house a lot of things need to be considered. There should be a lot of planning and discussions before moving forward.
Wood floors are the new trend in the market now. It had died down after the introduction of stones and granite flooring. Now it has again risen to spread across the floor and in our hearts. Most people prefer wood floors because of their color and elegance. But we will talk about that later in the article.
Types of Wood Floors:
Before we get into why these floors are so popular, we will first understand the different types of wood floors:
- Solid Hardwood Floors– These have a thickness of 18 to 20mm made with solid hardwood floors laid with a single piece of wood. You can sand and refinish it multiple times. However, it is susceptible to moisture and swells up. Therefore, use these floors in the dry regions of the house. Mostly used in the bedroom or the terrace room.
- Engineered Hardwood Flooring– Artificially made thick by layering multiple sheets of wood to give it a better density. It provides great stability and becomes hardcore over time. It does not swell up due to moisture and hence furnishes any region of the house, including basements and bathrooms. However, you cannot sand or refinish it more than once or twice in your lifetime. This is a major drawback.
- Parquet Flooring– Solid wood and engineered hardwood make these designer floors. Different types of wood strips make a geometrical pattern like weave basket and herringbone, etc.
- Bamboo Flooring � This type of wood floor is the most sustainable and durable. It is made into wood sheets by subjecting to high temperatures and pressure. This makes it more resistant to molds and moisture. This type of wood is derived from larger bamboo trees.
- Cork Floors– This is the best kind of wood floor because it is highly resistant to mold, mildew, is anti-microbial, and is soundproof and acts as a good insulator of heat. The floor has three layers; the first is the base, comprised of compressed cork, the second layer above that is HDF fiberboard, and the surface layer is good-quality cork. Hence this type of wood floor is extremely eco-friendly and biodegradable.
Nowadays, we have the option of recycled timber flooring options. This is a cost-effective way of enjoying the benefits of a wooden flooring without paying a hefty price.
Why Wood Floors Are the Best?
Choosing wood floors for your house can be the best option among all types of flooring, including marble and stone. Since it is environmentally friendly, biodegradable, and can recycle to furnish someone else�s house if you want a change.
Moreover, it is completely natural and gives an elegant look to your home, making it comfortable and classy. They are aesthetically pleasing and extremely simple to lay down.
How To Take Care of Wooden Floors?
The first and foremost thing that you should be wary of is premature scratching. While wooden floor will scratch eventually but making sure that they do not before their time, follow the steps below:
1. If you have pets, trim their nails, or put a carpet over your floor to avoid premature scratching.
2. Polish your floorboards every two to three months so that their shine remains intact.
3. Dust and clean with a gentle cleaner every day.
4. Avoid direct sunlight to prevent your wood floors from fading from their colors. Even though that is bound to happen, try to avoid it if you can.
Wood floors have been in the market for decades. Every farmhouse and holiday inns get wooden floors to impress their guests. Today, they furnish primary homes and give a more homely vibe. In addition, they are highly affordable since it comes from nature, they readily go back to nature after providing a cottage type feel in your own house.