Are you someone who has always loved dogs and wanted to open a dog daycare for the dogs and build a successful dog daycare service for yourself? Then you are in an era where dog owners are at a majority thus making the daycare for dogs business an altogether profit bearing business idea for you.
As per a report of the American Pet Products Manufacturers Association, the average annual growth in the pet service industry has increased by over 5.4% since the year 2002.
So as you may see it is a lucrative business proposition for you but it is also very complicated and tough.
It goes without saying that when an entrepreneur sets on building a new business, it requires huge investment, labour, resources, etc that in turn can determine the success or failure of that particular business.
Especially when an entrepreneur plans on having a dog daycare or daycare for dogs business to serve the dogs, it has a lot of risks as well as pros and cons.
Risks Associated with Dog Daycare Business
There are many risks and cons associated with a dog daycare business some of which are mentioned below,
- The time and space requirement often creates problems for the dog daycare service provider. For example, it may so happen that the dog daycare service provider may have their daycare located in their personal space itself thus making it difficult for them to get their own personal space or the dog owner may reach late to pick their dogs up thus extending the hours of service of the dog daycare service providers
- The daycare for dogs service providers are not fully acquainted with the attitude and behaviour of the dogs or their owners so it may happen that the dog or its owners may have a bad attitude or the dog may be ill-behaved thus making it hard for the service provider to render proper services to the dog.
- Starting a business requires huge investments, space and adherence to legal guidelines especially when you are starting a dog daycare business. So, if it so happens that the space that the entrepreneur requires for the dog daycare is small to accommodate many dogs if in case the dog owner has many dogs or the daycare for dogs service provider falls short of the capital and does not abide by the legal guidelines, the dog daycare business would be doomed to failure right from day 1 itself.
However with these risks, the dog daycare service also has perks attached to it, out of which a few are mentioned below.
Perks of a Daycare for Dogs Service for Dogs and its Owners
- Helps the dog maintain their daily routine of walks and relaxations
- Provides the dog owner with a peace of mind when they are at work knowing that their dog has someone to care for them when they are away
- It ensures the safety of the dogs especially if the dog is someone who often escapes
- It ensures medical assurance to the dogs with the presence of fully vetted professionals to ensure full medical assistance to the dogs in case they require any
So before you set out on having your very own dog daycare business, it is essential to remember a few points so that the dogs get served well.
Points to Consider while Starting Daycare for Dogs Business
- Analyze the size of the dog daycare centre. In other words, analyze whether you wish to have multiple dogs or just few dogs
- Get a clear understanding of the finances that you would require to start you daycare for dogs. In other words, analyze whether you would require investors for the same or a bank loan so that you can on-board your dream of a successful daycare for dogs.
- Keep track of the cost related to the utilities, supplies, advertising, etc that you would require after you begin your dog daycare service.
- Analyze what your competitors are offering in their dog daycare service so that you can offer unique services to the dogs
- Keep the legalities strictly in mind and understand the licenses that you would require to run a legal dog daycare service
- Maintain a contract to keep yourself protected in case of any mishap. This should include authorization to you to offer emergency service to the dog in case of medical assistance, full responsibility to dog owner in case of any damage caused by dog, medical history of the dog, etc, to name a few
- Develop an app to digitize your daycare for dogs so that you can earn more target customers for yourself as the users start installing the app.
Make sure to keep these points and risks and pros in mind when you set out to have your dog daycare service industry and see yourself earning many happy dog owners and many new pawed friends along the way!