You can use an AOL account for personal and professional purposes. It?s an easy-to-use mail service. You will only require an account on the AOL server to use this mail service. If you?re planning to use this webmail service, you can follow this guide to create your first account for AOL Mail Login. Also, we?ll discuss more common issues that AOL users face with their accounts and ways to resolve these issues. So, you can keep reading this guide to know everything that you need to manage your account.??
Creating an AOL Mail Login account-
- Firstly, go to the official AOL website. Ensure that you?re using AOL?s official page to create the account to avoid any mail scams.
- Open the main AOL page, look for the Login/ Join option. You can find this option in the right slide bar of the website.
- Once you hit the Login/Join option, a Sign-in page will open. Select the Create an account option
- Fill in the respective fields. Note that you?ve to set the username carefully because this will going to be your AOL ID to create the account. For example- if you set your user name as ?myname? then your AOL ID will be [email protected]?
- Also, make sure that you are choosing the right country to get the verification code on your phone number.
- When asked, enter the valid verification code to create the account.
- Following this, you will see your username for your AOL account. Press the Done button to log in to your account directly.
- After logging in, you will see your username appearing in the left side panel of the AOL website.
Logging into your account-
- You can simply do the log in for your account by using your AOL username and password.
- You may receive a verification code every time you log in from a new device. So, ensure to enter the valid verification code to avoid any problems during logging into your account.
- By logging into the account, it will be possible for you to change your username, set a secondary username, change your account password, and even you can delete your AOL account.
Managing your AOL account-
AOL lets you change your password or username or delete your account at any time.
Changing your password-
- Firstly, go to the AOL Sign-in page.
- After that, you will have to click on the Forgot Password Link. This link will take you to the Sign-in Helper page.
- Moving on, you?ll have to select one of the recovery options listed.
- You can choose between your sign-in email address or phone number. If you?ve added any recovery phone number or email account, you can also use the option accordingly.
- Next, click Continue.
- You?ll receive a verification code on the phone number which you would have registered with. Enter the validation code to move on further.
- Right after you entered the verification code, the Password Change page will open. Fill in your new password and save it. Then, hit Continue to log in to your account.
Note – If you?ve forgotten your login details, you can also follow this process to recover or reset your login details.
Deleting your account –
Before you delete your account, ensure to cancel all the AOL subscriptions. Also, if you have any critical data, you can archive it before closing your account.
Follow these instructions to delete your account-
- Sign in to your account.
- In the upper right corner of the admin account dashboard, you will see an Account Icon. Click it.
- After that, go to the Help Option.
- Type close my account in the search filed showing up in the window.
- Scroll down and look for the Close your account article.
- Next, you can find the Sign in to the account termination page link. Click the link to go to the page.
- Enter your AOL mail ID and password.
- Lastly, press the Yes, terminate this account button.
Note – AOL also lets you recover your password if needed.
Common issues with the login and how to fix them-
Users may sometimes encounter login issues, but these issues can easily be fixed without a doubt. Some of the most common login issues are –
- Authentication errors
- The login page is not opening
- You can log in to your account even though your login details are correct.
Follow these key points to fix these kinds of issues –
- You can quickly fix it by reconnecting your device to an internet connection.?
- Also, you can try disabling your firewall because the firewall can block sites if they?re in your geo-matric restrictions.
- ?Try using a private network if you?re using a wifi network. Sometimes public networks can cause authentication issues with your account.
- Use a different browser than your regular web browser to avoid this issue because some browsers can be incompatible with opening some websites.
- ?Adding more to the solutions, you can also try clearing the browser data and cache. In addition, you should regularly delete the temporary files to prevent the browser from slowing down during surfing.
- Check for the Adobe Flash player if you?re using a PC. You?ve to install Adobe on the system to display the web content.
- Ensure that your account is configured correctly. Check for the POP and IMAP server settings. If these are not correct, reconfigure your account to fix the issue.?
However, if all of these solutions are not working for you, we advise you to seek help from a good mail expert.