Pelvic Ultrasound is a diagnostic exam. It is a non-invasive process that generates images of the organs near the female pelvis. With the help of pelvic ultrasound, a doctor or an expert can comprehend the structures and organs of that part. The best part is the doctors will get the results quickly. With this imaging test’s help, the doctors can get images of various organs such as the vagina, uterus, cervix, ovaries, and fallopian tube. Hence, it is an efficient diagnostic exam that can help diagnose numerous organs of the female pelvis region. So, here we will take a look at this imaging procedure and everything that arrives with it.
What are the purposes of pelvic ultrasound?
A pelvic ultrasound can serve numerous purposes. Here, we will take a look at the reasons a doctor can recommend with Pelvic ultrasound.
- If there are any issues with the structure of the ovaries as well as the uterus, your doctor may prescribe you this imaging test.
- This process is also helpful in finding the Intrauterine Device.
- In case if your doctor is suspecting cancer in the bladder, ovaries, or uterus, he or she may prescribe you this imaging process.
- Fertility problems are one of the common problems these days. So, your doctor may use it to treat or evaluate your fertility problems.
- Pelvic Ultrasound is also capable of detecting growths such as cysts, non-cancerous, or fibroids.
- If you are suffering from any abnormal bleeding or pain, you may have to go through this diagnostic exam.
- Well, this testing is one of the best ways to diagnose Pelvic Inflammatory disease.
- Ectopic pregnancy can be diagnosed with the help of this exam. It is the fertilized egg that grows outside the uterus.
- When an endometrial biopsy is going on, this testing will help the doctors find a tissue sample to remove it.
So, these are some of the reasons for which doctors can suggest this diagnostic exam. Apart from women, there are certain cases where the doctor may prescribe this process to men. For instance, it will help the radiologists and doctors find issues with the prostate gland, seminal vesicles. Also, it is capable of finding stones or tumors in your bladder. Hence, if your doctor is suggesting it, make sure to do this test.
The procedure of pelvic ultrasound
To conduct this examination, the radiologist uses a device named transducer. The purpose of this device is to broadcast sound waves. The sound waves will go through the organs of your body, and after that, it will reflect the transducer. After that, with the help of a computer, they will turn these sound waves into pictures. Those pictures will appear on the screen. Ultrasound Morristown NJ
So, in case if your doctor has prescribed this test and you are looking for a center, you can visit the Radiology Centre at Harding. You will find the center in Morristown, New Jersey. They will conduct this test for you and will provide you with the best results.