If you walk into any modern kitchen today, you are sure to find at least one set of non-stick cookware. Gone are the days of traditional outdated pots and pans where sticking food at the bottom of the pan is a common scenario and is difficult to clean.
Non-stick cookware has become an integral part of daily cooking. They come in all shapes and sizes today. You can easily find them online today. So, if you are still contemplating whether or not to get a kitchen non-stick set, here are few compelling reasons to buy one for your kitchen: –
- Comes with Health Benefits � People using regular pots and pans for cooking often use more oil while cooking because it prevents food from sticking at the bottom of the pan. More oil means, more fat content in your food. However, if you use non-stick cookware for cooking, you can do your cooking in less oil or completely avoid it which further helps in reducing the number of calories you consume in a day.
- Easy Cleaning Process � Compared to regular pots and pans, non-stick cookware is easy to clean and maintain. Since less amount of oil is used while cooking, it is easy to scrub away all the grease. It just requires a lit bit of soap and water to do the cleaning.
- Safe to Use � When you have children running around the kitchen, maintain safety in the kitchen is a priority. Non-stick pans are lightweight and easy to hold due to soft-touch handles that do not heat up while cooking, preventing your hands from burning.
- Cooks Faster � If you are a working mom, fast and quick cooking is primary. Cast iron pots and pans take time to heat and cool down, thereby increasing your overall cooking time. Using non-stick cookware allows you to cook faster because it allows uniform heat distribution on all sides of the pan which helps in cooking food faster.
- Compliments in your Kitchen � There is a wide range of non-stick cookware today available in the market that looks appealing in your kitchen as compared to the traditional pots and pans. Regular use makes them dull and drab after a while, making your kitchen look bad. Its vibrant colors and styles complement every kitchen style, motivating people to cook and invite friends over.
- Multi-purpose Usage � Nowadays you can easily cook as well as serve food in the same cookware. As they come in all shapes, sizes, styles, and colors they easily enhance the look of your dining room and even make the food look appealing.
Looking at all the reasons, it is not hard to understand why non-stick cookware a better option for every household is.
Things to Consider Before buying a Non-Stick Cookware Set
With a wide range of options in the market, it can easily get confusing which one is best to buy for your kitchen. Here are few important points that can help you make your decision better: –
- Material � When buying non-stick cookware, you should always look for non-toxic and non-stick hard anodized cookware or Teflon coated pans. Teflon does not emit any toxic fumes which allow healthy cooking. They also come with stainless steel handles with silicone grips, which makes handling easier while cooking.
- Budget and Price � Many companies are offering budget-friendly non-stick cookware sets. Depending on your budget and manufacturing company, you can get the best price.
- Durability � If you are planning to get non-stick cookware set for your kitchen, durability is an important factor to consider. Non-stick cookware usually is expensive than your regular kitchen cookware. Check the material and see if it is scratch-proof or not.
How to Keep Your Non-Stick Cookware Clean?
If you want to extend the life of your non-stick cookware, you must understand the right way to clean your cookware. Cleaning non-stick cookware is easy. You need to know the correct methods and techniques.
For non-stick cleaning, you would need a soft sponge and mild dishwasher to clean.
You should always pre-soak the utensils in water before cleaning. Water will help loosen any leftover materials, so you don�t have to use much force while cleaning.
Always clean the outside of the bottom of your cookware to avoid any discoloration. Also, it will keep oil and other foods to cook next time when you use it.
Use a good quality dishwashing soap so that it cleans the utensil properly without leaving any smell.