Xiaomi is one of the market leaders in the smartphone industry in India with a share of 29.4% of total sales and selling 5.4 million units in FY2020. Despite having impressive specs and features, these phones come up when people search for �best phone under 20000�.�
Customers want to choose wisely, which is why they want to know how these Mi phones compare to established brands like Apple and Samsung. To help people make an informed decision, here is a look at how Mi smartphones are so competitively priced, and the advantages and disadvantages of using them.
How are Mi Phones so cheap?
- One of the main reasons Xiaomi has such high sales figures is their ultra-aggressive pricing strategy. Xiaomi makes high-performance phones and sells them for around 60% less price than all competitors.
- With large-scale productions, they can negotiate tight margins with their suppliers promising them larger volumes of sales and timely payments.
- In their initial phase of release, they always release low supplies of their latest models. This scarcity creates huge demands.
- They only sell their products online, saving massive expenses by outflanking distributors and third-party retailers.
Advantages of owning Mi Smartphones
- The main reason why people are so attracted to Mi phones is because of their affordable and competitive prices. Even their �best phone under 20000� has good enough specs to compete against high tiers. Since they consistently beat everyone with better prices, it has become their No.1 selling point.
- As they keep their prices low without compromising on components, Xiaomi can sell flagships phones at middle-tier prices. For example, let�s take a look at one of their premium phones- Mi Note 9 Pro Max and see its specifications:
- Display: 6.67 inch LCD+FHD, resolution of 2400 x 1080
- Processor: 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G, 9nm Octa-core processor
- OS: Android v10
- Memory: 6 GB RAM and 64 GB internal memory
- Camera: 64 MP rear camera, 32 MP front camera
- Battery: 5020 MAH with 492 hours of standby time.
The fact that this impressive array of specs is provided for a phone which comes up on searching �best phone under 20000� illustrates why millions of customers are buying Mi phones.
- Xiaomi flagship phones look premium and cannot be distinguished from much costlier phones offered by other brands. For a much lesser price, they offer top-of-the-line Android specs- OLED displays, reliable build quality, triple-lens camera, nice curves and angles.
- The MIUI OS, which comes with Mi smartphones, is fast and fluid and continues to get updates, making it more stable and easier to use.
- You can root the Xiaomi phones without voiding warranty, unlike most other brands that actively discourage people from doing so.
Overall, the benefits of buying a low budget smartphone seem to outweigh the few cons of owning them. It�s just not possible to get the kind of features they are offering at comparable prices elsewhere. If your budget is tight, buy your Mi smartphone in No Cost EMIs on EMI Store of Bajaj Finserv. The card grants you pre-approved limit of up to Rs.2 lakh which makes your purchases easier.
These are some of the reasons for the imminent rise of Xiaomi as one of the most popular smartphone brands in India. With financing options available, individuals can choose from the wide range of devices available, without facing budgetary concerns.