Leadership is an art of creating greatness and other people. But the great leaders make a change from ‘creating greatness’ to ‘releasing greatness’. In this article, we are going to discuss the same. Read further to know more.
Jignesh Barasara lists a few ways they can release greatness right away!
- Learn how to become comfortable with slow performance initially. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you need to do something. The art of delegation will take you on a long path. It is a sound logic is used by experience. People wish to challenge themselves to step up the game by delivering great results.
- Another aspect is to capture the imagination. Most of the time when you try to give an assignment to somebody, they might feel that it is a large task. This will give you accurate reasons why should somebody else opt for the same opportunity. Basically, they are afraid of the pain that comes along with failure at that moment. So, when you inspire your employees to step up to the challenge, you need to feel pivotal in your own development.
- Be an expert in learning to coach. Understand the coaching is not similar to how would you have done that if you were in their place. Most of the time, what others hear or do is not relative near to coaching. You need to inspire and coach in a way that people can think about a similar situation in a different manner. You need to be better at teaching people to ask the precise questions that view serious growth from your team.
- Next is how to celebrate. It is honestly important that people love celebrations and the ones who do not celebrate much are thrilled by the next ladder to climb. Honestly, in order to shine and make full use of external recognition, you may connect with different folks that don’t mind in patting your back or uses some kind words.
- The last way is to learn to challenge. Can you push people to go farther than their reach is something that you do not see more often? Let them reach their highest limits. It is helping them to get them out of their comfort zone.
Stepping their game comes under the positive umbrella. Our job as leaders is to promote people outside of their comfort zone and post their personal and career growth. What do you think about the same? Let us know in the comment section down below.
Why it’s important for leaders to take emotional care?
Did you know? A leader is a like alike parent figure. All the employees look up to them to understand the culture of the company. If any issues or struggles come up, they try to leak out into the company and to the employees. The culture of the company is essential and that’s how the leaders exemplify the entire culture by making a difference if the individuals must step into or not.
When a leader is emotionally fit, they tend to foster and attract like-minded employees. It all starts with the top-level management doing the self-work.
Let us take a closer look at the ripple effect.
When a founder is unable to reach the impossible standards that he has set for himself, ultimately it will result in becoming unhappy with himself. It will also become a burden of work after a point that will result in exhaustion.
It all starts with the leader itself. When they feel good about themselves and their work, they will definitely be celebrating the wins by setting realistic standards for everyone in the organization. That’s how they realize and project the expectation to everyone.
Two of the most common traits of an emotionally fit culture are stability and integrity. They are psychologically essential from the time since they were babies. Similarly, a starter requires enough nutrients and an overwhelming environment to sustain for a longer span.
If we see at the very core, Jignesh Barasara explains that business is just a series of unique relationships. It all depends on the quality of the relationship that you have with your employees and clients. Certainly, that will direct your success in the long run.
The concept of emotional fitness is aligned with the improvisation of your relationship with everyone that you interact with. It’s just similar to a customer service that builds amazing relationships and trust factor. There are a few characteristics that every leader must persist in becoming an emotionally fit individual. Some of these are:
- Healthy leadership.
- Culture of play.
- Culture of agency and trust.
- Belonging and community.
- Proactive mindset.
- Stability and integrity.
In addition to these characteristics, there are other factors that every business leader must abide by. Remember that emotional fitness is a journey that you are taking forward.
- Don’t forget to get the right therapy!
- Always go for soliciting feedback is awesome. Make sure that you have people around that give you early feedback.
- Make sure you attend various workshops and training on emotional fitness. Try willing support for mental health and provide company benefits to emotional fitness.
It is similar to a muscle. The more you work it out, the stronger it will be!