What is a Pergola?
A pergola is a structure of posts and beams that creates a shaded promenade or protected space over a patio or deck. They are frequently used as extensions of buildings but their primary function is to offer a focal point in your garden or outdoor space. Nowadays people are becoming more creative with their outdoor living spaces, resulting in garden constructions that blend diverse aspects to meet particular needs. The good part is, you can customise your pergola the way you desire.
How should a pergola be used?
Pergola connected to the house acts as an excellent classic outdoor structure for residential and commercial establishments. It is appropriate for spending time outdoors in luxurious surroundings. Moreover, it can add a touch of luxury or serve as a natural extension of your house. You can check out modern pergola ideas or commercial pergola designs to know how this appealing structure can be a great backyard addition. It enhances your outdoor experience by providing:
1. Outdoor dining and entertainment
2. Expansion to the exterior
3. Small secret hideaway
Benefits of Building a Pergola
There are many applications for a pergola but the following are some of the key benefits of getting it installed for your home.
- Provides shade: While the beam roof construction will only give partial shade, you could grow plants over or cover the pergola with a bamboo cover to create a shaded area during the day.
- Extends your living area: A pergola over a deck or patio may provide a private dining space, giving any garden party or simple al fresco dinner a premium atmosphere.
- Creates a green screen: A pergola attached to the house roof may be used to create a green screen. You can simply add wires to assist in training plants to grow and as a result, it’ll give a lush barrier that provides shade and seclusion.
Whatever you decide to do with your pergola, there are several pergola ideas or commercial pergola designs available that you can tailor to your specific requirements.
Different Types of Pergolas
Knowing the different pergola styles available in Wollongong and Illawarra is essential before deciding which one to install in your garden.
Here, we have listed some famous types of pergolas.
- Open-top Pergolas – These pergolas have open roofs for airflow and sunshine. Open-top pergolas are perfect to enhance your garden or backyard’s charm.
- Vinyl Pergolas – Vinyl pergolas are lovely for hot climates as they are mould and mildew resistant as well as a cheaper alternative.
- Steel Pergolas – This pergola type is suitable for severe weather areas. Steel is a sturdy material that withstands harsh weather conditions. However, due to their avant-garde look, these pergolas are not much popular.
- Gable Pergolas – A gable pergola may protect you from the sun, rain, and other elements. These pergolas can cover patios, decks, hot tubs, or outdoor eating places.
- Sail Pergolas – The stretchable cloth replaces the usual lattice in these sail pergolas. They are useful to produce shade and are more contemporary than an open-roof style.
No matter which style you choose, be assured that all these vinyl, steel, or other pergolas will enhance the look and feel of your garden or backyard.
How to Choose an Ideal Pergola Builder for Your Project?
When you finally decide to build a pergola for your house, there are a few things to keep in mind. A dependable pergola building company will help you get your project done successfully. Here are key reasons to hire expert pergola builders in Wollongong
- Expert installation
A pergola builder would be able to adequately instal the woodwork; it is vital for such constructions. When you are in the pergola with friends or kids, you should be sure that it won’t collapse. In short, the structure must be sturdy and durable. To make sure of safety, you must look for an experienced pergola builder who is an expert in its installation.
- Proper planning
Before erecting pergolas, you should plan everything carefully. No matter how simple it sounds, you can’t just buy the supplies, find a random spot, and start connecting wood. Professional pergola contractors can assist you in planning the project and identifying aspects you will miss while DIYs.
- Design alternatives
All pergolas may look the same, but each type is incredibly different. You may buy a bespoke pergola with or without seats, in various forms and sizes, and with a restricted number of beams, etc. An expert can guide you in choosing the best type for your needs and budget.
When it comes to building a pergola, DIY is always cheaper than paying a pro. However, you must consider all the mistakes you may make, from choosing the wrong wood, dyeing it improperly, or building pergolas badly. By hiring a professional pergola builder, you can eliminate all such possibilities. Moreover, they will also take care of your budget and will make sure not to exceed it in any condition.
Contact Pergola Builder in Wollongong and Illawarra
If you are looking for a reliable pergola builder in Wollongong or Illawarra, check out Onboard Building Services. They are a licenced construction and facilities management company working for over 16 years now. You can rely on them because of their prompt client service, honest pricing, knowledgeable team, and quality construction. Moreover, their crew is aware of the latest OH&S regulations and rules. This protects the team’s safety and ensures that your property is in expert hands.
To know more about modern, contemporary, and various residential or commercial pergolas styles, call on 0434 994 029 or email at email@example.com.