Have you used an incorrect name while purchasing a ticket with Delta airlines? If you ignore this, you could find yourself in serious trouble. Well, do not worry, as Delta Airlines Name Change Policy allows you to easily correct name errors. Delta Airlines is fully aware that anyone can enter their information incorrectly. Therefore, Delta airlines provides a name change policy for the convenience of their passengers. You can quickly change your name in accordance with this policy. To have a smooth experience, you should understand all the guidelines carefully.
Additionally, a change in ownership from one traveller to another is not allowed by Delta Airlines name change policy. The following requirements must be satisfied in order to change the name on a Delta airline ticket:
- The airline must be operated the flight, and the first number on each ticket must be start with 006
- The Delta Airlines change name on ticket request can only be processed on the flight segments in the case of codeshare or interline agreement flights.
- For name correction on Delta Airlines tickets, only one reissue is permitted.
- The flight date, fare class, or origin/destination point cannot be changed.
- Minor Delta name changes of up to three characters are the only ones allowed.
- The Delta name change policy would apply to changes made to the date of birth and/or gender.
- Only little modifications to the date of birth would be permitted due to mistakes made at the time of making a reservation.
- Each passenger is allowed one correction in the requests. The Delta name change policy does not apply to any other modifications to the traveller’s personal information.
- Tickets must be issued again if a Delta Airlines name correction request has already been processed but still needs to be changed.
What is Delta Airlines Name Change Policy Due to Marriage?
You must provide Delta Airlines with valid legal documentation (marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.) if you need to change your name after getting married or divorced. Your ticket will probably be issued again along with the necessary name change fee.
How to Change Name on Delta Airlines Tickets?
This US airline has provided a number of ideas to allow name changes in order to meet the various passenger needs. The Delta name change policy offers both online and offline options. Additionally, by using these methods, you can correct mistakes in your name.
The following are the three major ways to change or update the information regarding your name on your ticket:
- By visiting the Delta official website
- Through the customer service of Delta
1. By Visiting the Delta Airlines Official Website:
- Visit the Delta airlines official website and select the “My Trips” section.
- Along with the passenger’s last name, submit the six-digit booking reference or the 13-digit ticket number. Enter the correct booking reference or ticket number to retrieve the reservation.
- Select the tab for name correction. Select the name that needs to be changed by selecting the checkbox next to it. Please be aware that the name on the ticket must match the name on a valid government-issued photo ID, such as a passport.
- Only the three characters of the user’s name can be changed, either the last name or the first name can be changed.
- To complete the name correction request, click “Confirm & Save” before submitting your request.
- in order to move forward with their request passengers must pay the charge and any applicable fare difference at the checkout page. The ticket would be reissued in a lower or identical class, depending on availability.
- You will receive a confirmation of the name change on your registered email after the transaction is complete.
2. Change Name through the Customer Care Support Team:
- Firstly you need to call Delta Airlines customer care service number.
- To retrieve your reservation, submit your six-digit PNR or e-ticket number.
- Ask the agent to correct the name because only mistakes in charterers will be fixed.
- Additionally, you must provide a copy of your passport or a government-issued photo ID for validation through email.
- To proceed with the request, passengers must pay the necessary fare difference and the Delta Airlines name change fee. The ticket would be reissued in a lower or same class, depending on availability.
- You will receive a confirmation on your registered email once the transaction is complete.