Have you ever dreamt of studying or working in the USA or any other foreign country? I am pretty sure that most of us aspire to settle down in a developed country. Getting a good job there is like cherries on the cake. But do you know how you can make this dream come true?
This article will surely have a life-changing effect in your life. Here you will learn the grammar tips for IELTS examination to score well in it.
What is the IELTS Exam?
Do you know anything about the IELTS exam? The full form of IELTS is (International English Language Testing System). It is one of the world-famous English proficiency exams. This test is very important for people whose second language is English.
If you also have the same dreams as several other people, this exam works like a train to help you reach your destination.
The result of this exam determines the level of your English language. Whether you are dreaming of working in an English-speaking country or planning to settle down, this test is the key to success for you.
IELTS Exam Structure
If you are also doing IELTS exam preparation, you should learn Grammar rules for IELTS. Let’s understand the exam structure of IELTS first.
This exam is divided into four parts.
1) Listening; This section has multiple-choice questions divided into four parts. You have 30 minutes to complete it. This section is for 40 points.
2) Reading; This section has multiple-choice questions to test your reading skills. You have 60 minutes to complete it. This section is for 40 points.
3) Writing; This section has two parts. You have 60 minutes to complete it. In the first part, you need to make a report based on visual data in 150 words. You are required to write either a formal or informal letter.
In the second part, you have to write an essay on the given topic in 250 words.
4) Speaking; There are three parts in this section. You have between 11 and 14 minutes to complete it. The first part is for general introduction. In the second part, you receive a topic think for 1 minute, and speak for up to 2 minutes. The third part has a general discussion on the same topic.
Role of Grammar for IELTS Cambridge
Grammar is the backbone of any language. It is a stack of some handful of rules defining how to form correct sentences. It is for all whether you are speaking, writing, reading, or listening. This plays an important role in scoring well in the IELTS exam.
Importance of Grammar in IELTS
1) Speaking Section is important: IELTS Speaking is about talking in real-time.
2) Grammar helps with talking: Grammar is important for talking. To make sense, and be correct.
3) Clear talking: Good grammar helps say ideas and, show better language.
4) Talking: In the speaking test, you talk like you do in real life.
5) Explaining complex ideas: Using grammar right helps talk about give opinions well.
6) Talking well: Right grammar helps you use more words and types of sentences. Which shows you know the language.
7) Using language well: Good grammar lets you use different words. And ways of making sentences, showing you’re good with the language.
Grammar Tips for IELTS Examination
1) Learn grammar rules: You can start learning some grammar tips for IELTS examination. Roseville walk like the backbone in your journey. You can buy any general English grammar book or learn online for free.
2) Practice: It is as important as learning something. Practice makes your preparation strong. You can visit websites like Englishphobia.com to practice different grammar lessons for free with interesting quizzes.
3) Take help: You should never hesitate to ask for help. Go to teachers, friends, or language experts to clear your doubts. You should work on the given feedback.
4) Use learning tools: In the world of technology, there are a lot of tools that you can use to improve your English grammar. Grammarly.com and Englishphobia.com are the most commonly visited websites.
5) Read different things: Reading is one of the best ways to improve English. When you read, you observe different sentence structures, uses of words differently, different tenses, and other grammar chapters used practically. Therefore reading is very important.
IELTS Score System
Do you know about the grading system in the IELTS exam? If not, don’t worry! Here is the table for the categorization of scores.
IELTS scores fall on a scale from 0 to 9. The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR levels) has set these levels. The scores represent as;
|8||Very Good User|
|3||Extremely Limited User|
|0||Did not attempt the test|
IELTS Exam Fee
The TOEFL and IELTS assessment charge additionally differs from one country to another. It costs between 240 and 250 USD in the US and 331 337 USD in Norway. The IELTS exam fee India is 16250 INR.