Are you one of those who love wood flooring but don?t want to spend loads of money on solid timber flooring? Then this one’s for you.
Engineered timber flooring has been dominating the flooring industry for quite some time now and it?s all for good reasons.
What Is Engineered Timber Flooring?
Engineered timber flooring is made of multiple layers of plywood with a veneer of solid wood on top. At Oslek Flooring, our engineered timber floorboards have a top layer of solid oak finished with LED-cured hard wax oil that enhances its durability and resistance from scratches and damage.
What Is the Difference Between Solid Timber Flooring and Engineered Timber Flooring?
Aesthetically, there?s not much difference between engineered and solid timber flooring. They both give that stunning and appealing appearance to any commercial or residential space. But there are some notable differences between these two, like:
- Look and Feel ? While we have mentioned that they both look aesthetically pleasing, solid oak flooring tends to age gracefully with a premium look and feel.
- Cost ? We all know that engineered timber is much more cost-effective compared to solid timber flooring. It is the choice of most homeowners because of its affordability.
- Installation ? Engineered timber flooring installation has a quicker turnaround because of the tongue and groove technology.
- Maintenance ? Maintaining a solid timber floor can be expensive too as it would require full sanding and polishing. However, engineered timber floorboards are manufactured with a high-wearing coating, which makes it durable and high resistance.
- Sustainability ? Since engineered timber floorboards are made up of layers of plywood with a veneer of solid oak on top, it doesn?t use up a lot of trees. One tree can produce more floorboards compared to solid timber flooring.
- Versatility ? Engineered wood suppliers such as Oslek Flooring offers a wide range of options to customers with the design-your-own technology. This feature enables our customers to select their floor?s textures, colours, and finish, making our engineered floorboards versatile.
Does Engineered Timber Flooring scratch easily?
At Oslek Flooring, we specialise in coating engineered timber floorboards using a revolutionary LED-cured hardwax oil technology. This product gives our timber floorboards a high-resistance finish so it won?t scratch easily.
Additionally, our engineered floorboards are coated locally at our Mitcham facility making the lead time significantly lower compared to the standard 3-month shipping time for pre-finished boards.
Is Engineered Timber Flooring durable?
One of the highlights of engineered timber flooring is its durability and resistance. The layers of hardwood and multi-cross plywood offers structural strength and durability to engineered flooring. This structure also to the full extent reduces the possibility of the floorboards shrinking or expanding caused by the moisture and weather.
Flooring is a huge part of any commercial or residential space and can add incredible value to a property when the right flooring is chosen. Properties with high-quality engineered timber flooring are appraised at a higher value compared to others. The durability and visual appeal of engineered timber flooring coupled with its easy-to-maintain feature makes it a perfect addition to any property.
Oslek Flooring offers the best engineered timber flooring in Melbourne and Sydney, Australia. For more details, contact our flooring experts to start designing your own floor.