Hiring an architect is one of the most important decisions that construction project managers need to undertake. The right architect can strategically implement the right features and applications to ensure that the project is developed with longevity, durability, and aesthetics in mind. Architects can also leverage leading trends to ensure that designs are future-focused and state of the art.
A top architectural consultancy firm Dubai based, such as Prasoon Design, will also develop concepts keeping sustainability in mind. This ensures that projects are compliant with outlined regulations and are also energy efficient from the design stage itself. Let us explore the top 10 reasons why developers should hire architects for their next project.
1. Key to ensuring compliance – Architects are experts within the construction planning and compliance domain and understand the nuances of each region’s regulatory scope and guidelines. They can provide key consultation services for projects to ensure that they are aligned with design limitations, sustainability scores, energy efficiency guidelines, etc. Architects allow developers to be highly creative in their designs without becoming non-compliant with permits and authorization.
2. Introducing sustainability in design – The top architecture firms in Dubai are leading experts in the domain of sustainability. They introduce sustainability from the design stage itself by integrating the right layouts, orientation, vegetation, and passive cooling solutions. Architects also plan exterior and interior spaces in a way that allows for a natural flow of air and light, without issues of overheating or excess artificial lighting.
3. Bringing new ideas for projects – Another key reason why developers should work with architects is the level of creativity they bring for each project. Architects bring a level of nuanced storytelling that is unique to each project, making it more appealing to investors, buyers, and stakeholders. Architects also understand best practices in the domain and can introduce new concepts that are unique to your project. They also provide critical recommendations to ensure the best utilization of natural elements.
4. Using technology in design – Technology is a key gateway to ensuring design efficiency and optimal output. Computational design, 5D BIM, ERP and other solutions are used to improve design iterations and ensure that outlined plans can be executed in a timely manner. Using the leading technology innovations, such as IoT and automation, architects also improve the interior appeal of a project as well. The overall digitization of the construction project is a key reason why developers should hire an architect.
5. Following best practices in design – Based on the requirements of the developers, architects can formulate the ideal design journey by following key best practices. Architects borrow from the rich history of the region, the purpose of the project, and the experiences of the occupants, to create multidimensional spaces that are ecologically balanced. They focus on cutting-edge design trends to bring concepts to reality while introducing a sense of evergreen longevity within projects.
6. Collaborating with stakeholders – Architects perform extensive collaborative work prior to issuing new designs or presenting new concepts. They consult with a wide range of experts, internal stakeholders, and industry bodies to ensure that all designs are compliant, structurally sound, creative, and future-ready. By leveraging deep industry relationships, architects are also able to provide exclusive concepts to developers to improve the visual appeal of their projects.
7. Ensuring budgetary adherence – Architects are experts in budgeting and timeline management, which is why they are widely used to drive cost-effective designs. Construction projects that are not planned effectively during the initial stages can experience procurement delays, construction errors, mapping challenges, and design flaws issues. Architects ensure that there are limited costs associated with rectifying construction errors, as all aspects are mapped during the planning stage itself.
8. Providing mitigation strategies – Architects prepare mitigation strategies for on-ground challenges as they perform extensive research on the construction site prior to initiating work. They provide consultation on projects, ensuring that construction work is streamlined and error-free. Architects also invest significant resources into planning and design, which reduces the risk of construction complexities arising.
9. Flexibility in service areas – Developers can work with architects and design firms in a wide range of service areas, making them highly flexible and value-focused. Architects can provide consultation for building codes and compliances while also providing insights on orientation and layout. They can also specifically focus on interior spaces and making them more energy-efficient, automated, or liveable. They can add value at any stage of the lifecycle.
10. Streamlining estimation for projects – Architects can provide a complete breakdown of projected costs based on the requirements by working with contractors, consultants, engineers, and industry experts. This significantly streamlines procurement for developers, with architects also suggesting novel and performance-focused new materials. Through research-driven planning and layout optimization, architects can also minimize the total materials required for project completion as well.