As we all know, physiotherapists in Edmonton are more than performing massages to relieve pain. They use all sorts of tools and equipment based on the patient’s condition. Some of the most common tools you can find in the clinic of the physiotherapists include:
Treadmill & Elliptical
These are some of the classic and most widely used exercise equipment in the physiotherapist’s clinic. They are known to increase the strength, coordination, and stamina in patients. The intensity of the exercises is easily adjustable according to the current progress of the patient. These sorts of equipment in the physiotherapist clinic have smooth gliding motion, helping patients recover without discomfort and difficulty.
Using this exercise equipment comes with various advantages. The list comprises of the following:
- The exercise machine requires the movement of arms and legs, which means you burn more calories.
- People who want to recover from injuries can perform low-intensity workouts on it.
- In addition to its health benefits, the exercise equipment is durable. They can survive in the busy hours of the clinic.
The technology of Ultrasound is becoming more and more common during physical therapy treatments. The technology is used in the treatment of various injuries. The ultrasound equipment helps the therapists to identify the areas where the blood flow is low or has fractures under the skin.
The issues that ultrasound technology can treat include:
- Tightness of joints
- Ligament sprains
- Tears in the muscles
- Frozen shoulders
You can get several benefits with ultra-sound during the physiotherapy treatments in Edmonton. Some of them include,
- Increased healing rate
- Relaxation of soft tissues
- Heating of tissue
- Improved blood flow
- Increases scar tissue breakdown
This tool is for patients who have suffered muscle mass due to an accident. It helps them build muscle strength and also increases the flexibility by resistance application during the stretching exercises.
The benefits of using isokinetic include,
- It helps in preventing injuries in long-term
- It helps in increasing the flexibility of the muscle
- With this tool, you can control muscle development
- You can improve the muscle strength and endurance
- Athletes can benefit from this treatment as it increases the strength
- It supports the spine muscle for better balance
Electrical Muscle Stimulation
This treatment is suitable for those who were in an accident and got severe injuries. It will help them in promoting the growth of the muscles. The physiotherapy clinic in Edmonton uses this equipment to help patients in rebuilding muscle tone and strength, damaged due to past injuries. It is used in the early stage of treatment as the patients most likely don’t have the power to perform the traditional exercises.
The immediate benefits of this equipment during treatment include,
- Reduction in the nerve pain
- Promotes the healing of injuries related to musculoskeletal
- It is a non-surgical and drug-free treatment
- It increases the blood flow to boost the process of wound healing
- The treatment with this equipment has minimal to no side effects