Natural materials are very fashionable with many interior enthusiasts. It is possible to make magnificent furniture or beautiful decorative elements with individual plant fibers in order to invite nature into your home. Besides wood and rattan, untreated sisal free of harmful substances is very popular. It is not only used for weaving rugs but also for making ropes and threads. It offers a multitude of uses! Our interior design experts will explain everything there is to know about it.
What is sisal?
- The fibers of sisal come from the agave sisal.
- Sisal fibers are used in the production of ropes, rugs, and mats.
- Thanks to its robustness and its flat structure, sisal is perfectly suited to this use.
How to integrate sisal into your decoration
You are undoubtedly familiar with agave’s natural fibers as a raw material for your living room rug. You can place mattresses for your guests or other accessories there. However, the carpet is not the only possible use of these fibers:
- How to properly clean your sisal carpet.
- Regularly remove dust and large particles of dirt from your carpet using a brushless vacuum.
- The vacuum cleaner accessories should only be used if the dirt is dry and cannot be removed otherwise.
- If stubborn dirt has settled on your sisal mat, use the back of a knife or spoon to remove as much as possible. Then, vacuum thoroughly.
- You can easily wipe the dirt off the carpet with a damp cloth.
- If you spill any liquid, quickly wipe it off with white paper towels. You can remove the remaining moisture from the sisal carpet with a standard hairdryer.
Sisal coordinates with the following furnishing styles
By opting for a sisal carpet, you bring a little warmth and comfort to your home. It might not be as plush and soft as a shag or fur rug, but its appearance, on its own, changes the whole ambiance of your home.
In general, a sisal rug can be placed anywhere, but it works better in some rooms than others. For example, it will be suitable for the bedroom where we favor a cozy atmosphere. This accessory will also find its place in the hallway thanks to its resistance to dirt compared to a classic carpet.
Integrate the sisal rug into your interior
Once you have chosen your sisal rug style, all you have to do is place it in your home. In the living room, in the dining room, or the bedroom, its location can thus vary according to your desires, but also according to your daily life. Indeed, the sisal mat is non-slip; it is, therefore, ideal for dressing the floor of passage rooms, such as the hallway or the entrance hall. Of course, your sisal rug can also find its place elsewhere in your home; it’s up to you to choose the location in which it will be best highlighted and in which it will highlight your interior decoration the most. The use of the sisal carpet comes up as perfect there.
Here are some tips from our stylists to harmonize your decor with the sisal rug
In a colonial-style interior, pair a brown-stained sisal rug with exotic wood furniture with rich lines reminiscent of tropical destinations. Add lush green plants in the corner of the room to complete this decorative staging.