DIC Fasteners is a Bolts Manufacturer and Exporter in India. We have a wide variety of Bolts with ready stock to export. Bolts are available in both inches and metric to use in various industrial applications. DIC is also specializing in manufacturing stainless steel Hex bolts, Stud Bolts, and other variety of fasteners.
The bolts are an essential fastener used in construction and other applications. Bolts are commonly made from stainless steel or iron. Bolts are used to keep two objects, frequently metal or wood in a fixed position relative to one another. Bolts are used to a greater extent than any other type of standard or mechanical fastener because the bolted joint can be easily disassembled and reassembled. The body structure of a bolt consists of one head with a cylindrical body with screw threads along with the portion of its length.
Usually, the bolts have more load-bearing capacity than screws; that is the reason bolts are used in most industrial applications. High Tensile-strength Bolts are the most important fasteners in the development of steel structures because the bolts have more strength. The most common type of bolt consists Hex bolt. It has a hexagon-shaped head, which provides flat surfaces for tools to apply torque during its fastening process.
Benefits of Bolt:
- Corrosion Resistant: Bolts have an anti-corrosion property that keeps protected them from decomposition or any other damages. This feature of the bolt makes it last for a long period.
- Easy to use: A bolted joint is an important benefit due to its ease of use. They require minimal tool help and the installation procedure is straightforward. It combines a stud or a screw with a threaded component such as nuts or tapped holes and only needs a torque wrench to operate.
- Come in different sizes and materials: Bolts come in a wide range of sizes and materials making them ideal for use in a variety of projects. These bolts are made of steel which offers great mechanical features that are commonly higher than the capacities of the assembled parts.
- Bolts can clamp various materials together: Bolts are used to keep two objects together that are different than the bolt itself; plastics and composite. No particular design is required to make this assembly appropriate.
- Strength: The main benefit bolts offer is their strength. These are highly powerful and they can hold up heavy loads without bending or breaking them. This benefit makes them useful in large projects.
Body Structure of Bolt:
- Head: The head is the top portion of a bolt. It offers a gripping surface for tools. This head helps to tighten and loosen a bolt a particular tool with a compatible bit must grip the head. Most of the bolts have a wrench-type head.
- Shank: The shank is located under the head of the bolts. Shank is the even part of the unthreaded bolt. It should prevent axial movements of the joined workpieces. Without a shank, there is a big chance that the bolt will loosen.
- Grip Length: It is the part of the bolt that contains the parts which are brought together. The Grip length of a bolt should be equal to the associated thickness of the joining parts.
- Threading: All types of bolts are threaded fasteners. Threading is part of a bolt that allows a bolt can be driven into workpieces. Most of the bolts are not completely made of threads. Bolts have a head followed by a smooth shank and finally the threading.
- Thread Length: It is a part of the bolt that contains a nut.
- Nominal Length: It is the total threaded length and grip length of a bolt.
Types of Bolt head:-
- Hex Head Bolts: These types of bolts are partially threaded and can it provide better grip by tools by any angle and if worthy, even installed with the help of a hand.
- Domed Head: Domed head bolts are also known as round head bolts. These bolts have an even, round head that makes them difficult to wrench externally.
- Square Head Bolts: This type of bolt?s head ensures easy gripping to wrenches for tightening the nuts.
- Flat Head: Flat head bolts have a countersunk flat head that ensures they enable to save space on various applications.
Applications of Bolts:
- Bolts are used in applications when the parts that are being fastened, require constant dismantling and reassembly.
- They are used when the parts that are being fastened are made up of a material that is weak to make long-lasting threads.
- Bolts are used when the parts that are being fastened have medium consistency, such as beams, plates, or flanges.
- These are always used when there is a place accessible for the bolt head and nut.
- Bolts are used when there is a place accessible for the spanner.