There can be many reasons for taking a break from social media. With its increasing toxicity and privacy issues, taking a break from social media is becoming a norm. If you decide to take one, feel free to take one. But instead of permanently deleting your account, simply temporarily deactivate your account. So, you don’t lose your followers on Instagram.
This is the most feasible option because it gives you the option to return whenever you may like, everything will be there right where you left it. Disabling your account enables you to hide your profile, photos, comments, likes, and followers on Instagram unless you like to reactivate it by logging back in.
Why do you need to temporarily disable your account on Instagram? And how to do it?
- It is to keep in mind that you cannot disable your account from the Instagram app itself. Therefore, to disable your account, you will have to log into your Instagram account either from a mobile browser or computer by visiting instagram.com.
- Once you have reached there, simply tap or click your profile icon which is placed at the top right corner and then click on the edit profile option.
- From here on, simply scroll down and then tap the temporarily disable my account option which is present at the bottom right corner of your scrèen. Once you’ll click on it, the app will then ask you the reason for temporarily disabling your account. It’s up to you, you can either select a reason from the drop-down menu or if you don’t want to provide one, you can simply select the ‘something else’ option.
- Once you have selected the right option, the app will now require you to enter your password. This is done to make sure that it is you and to avoid any potential security breach.
- Again, click on the blue “temporary disable account” button present at the bottom of the screen. This will be the third time the app will reconfirm to make sure you want to proceed with it or not. Click on ‘Yes’ from the popup button.
- From here on, your account will be disabled temporarily and you will be logged out of the app. This can be cross-checked by searching for your Instagram username. The app will most likely tell you the user does not exist or the page is not available.
Why disable your account temporarily?
There is no straight answer to this question but social media, at times can be fun to use but at the same time, it can be your worst experience of your life.
There are many reasons for you to temporarily disable your Instagram account.
- Once you’ll do it, you will be able to get more work done in a short amount of time. Disabling your account temporarily ultimately helps you spend your time more productively.
- Your creativity is more likely to increase. There is no arguing that social media interferes with your creativity. Once you disable it temporarily or permanently, you will witness an increase in your creative potential.
- It’s human nature to have second thoughts when taking a big decision. The same phenomenon happens here. Quitting social media is not as easy as it appears to be on the outside. That’s where temporarily disabling your Instagram account option takes the leverage. If, for whatever reasons you have second thoughts about quitting social media, or Instagram in general, you can simply reactivate your account by simply logging in again.
- Once you temporarily disable your Instagram account, you will see a considerable drop in your stress levels. The amount of stress caused by social media and Instagram, in general, can have unfavorable effects on the human brain. It makes you more prone to depression. Temporarily disabling your Instagram account will make you less prone to such diseases.
- By temporarily disabling your Instagram account, you will be able to learn more about yourself. Now, this may sound odd or strange for a moment but once you disassociate yourself from other people’s opinions, you will be able to explore yourself without any external bias.
- As a blessing in disguise, temporarily deactivating your Instagram account will improve your decision-making skills. When you are addicted to social media, your decisions highly rely on what exactly people think about you rather than what you think about yourself. Quitting on Instagram temporarily will eventually improve your decision-making skills.
How to reactivate your Instagram account?
Instagram can be an addictive and entertaining platform, but many users decide to deactivate their account at some point in order to get the relief they need from social media platforms. However, if you have decided that you are ready to reactivate your Instagram account and return to the platform, the service supports instant reactivation and requires only a few simple steps.
Having said all that, it is perfectly fine if you want to reactivate your account. Temporarily disabling your account is quite helpful in this regard given the fact that you can simply reactivate your account just in case you change your mind. You can simply reactivate your disabled Instagram account by simply entering your username and password. It’s as simple as that.
In this post provides a guide to a person who wants a break from the Instagram app? That makes perfect sense. Instead of deleting your profile or app, you can try temporarily deactivating your Instagram account. When you can come back within a month, everything will be fine when you leave the social network and you have to simply reactivate the account.