MS Outlook program locally stores all its items in PST file format. It stores items like Contacts, Calendars, or Emails, all the Outlook items are saved on the computer in Outlook compatible format. However the question appears, is the PST file is compatible with other email client applications? The answer is no. Therefore, many users want to know how they can easily export PST file calendar data into other applications or file formats. More specifically, to convert PST to ICS file format.
In this technical blog, we will explain the step-by-step process to export PST files to ICS format.
Manual Strategy to Convert PST to ICS
In this Manual procedure, you can grasp the step by step process listed below to export Outlook PST file to ICS format –
- Open & Run MS Outlook application and click on the Calendar icon.
- Now pick the calendar that you want to convert.
- Now, Go to the File menu.
- Select the Save Calendar option.
- Now define the destination location where you want to save the resultant file.
- Also, check More Options for additional details.
- In the date range feature, you can choose the date like Today, Tomorrow, specify dates, the whole Calendar.
- Once done with the required configuration, click on OK.
- Click on the Save Button.
Note: There might be some conditions of the manual approach like users will need to install the Outlook applications on their computer system. The DIY or manual process is also a pretty lengthy and very time-consuming process. Further, to achieve the manual process, one should have prior technical expertise and there might be a risk of human error that can lead to a severe data loss.
Hence, to overcome all these troubles, you can go with the other method of conversion which is the use of third-party software that is more reliable and secure.
Alternative Solution to Convert PST to ICS
There are certain limitations with the manual approach of conversion. Therefore, to overcome them, you can use expert software that is more reliable and trustable. I suggest you use PST to ICS Converter Tool. Let’s now learn how the software works –
- Install & Launch the software and then Add files to convert
- Click on the Add Folder option if you want to add a folder then.
The tool offers Two modes – Single-mode and Multiple modes
The Single-mode allows to choose a single PST item like Inbox, calendar, tasks, contacts, etc. and multiple mode allows to add-up multiple PST files.
- If you have decided on single-mode, then hit the Next button.
- Now choose items you want to convert.
- Choose Save as other formats in the file saving dropdown option.
- Apply the date filter feature to sort items by providing the date range and Naming convention (if want to).
- After that define the target location to save the resultant file and then hit Apply button.
- Wait for some time until all your selected PST files convert to ICS.
- Once the PST Conversion process gets completed, click on OK to finish.
Note: If one has selected Multiple modes, then click on the convert button and follow the same process as mentioned above.
The Tool offers many amazing features as listed below –
- Easily convert Outlook PST files to various other file formats like EML, MSG, MBOX, HTML, etc.
- Easily performs the Bulk Conversion.
- No requirement to have any external expertise to run the software.
- User-friendly Graphical Interface.
- Offers two modes of conversion – Single Mode and Multiple Mode.
- Export PST files to other email client applications like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc directly.
- Doesn’t modify the hierarchy and structure of the original file
- No file size limitation
- The free demo version of the tool allows users to convert 50 emails for Free.
ConclusionIn this blog, we have discussed both the possible strategies to Online convert PST File to ICS file format without any hassle. You may have released, that the manual method is a lengthy and time-consuming process where there might be a risk of human error that can lead to data loss or damage to the original file. So, I suggest you use professional software for quick and secure conversion.