Lotus Notes NSF and Outlook PST are the most popular file formats in the industry today. Each one comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages, but there are times when you may need to convert from one format to another. If you find yourself needing to convert Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST, this article can provide valuable information about how to do so efficiently and safely. We will outline the steps for completing the conversion process, as well as discuss potential pitfalls and common issues that may arise during the process. Keep reading to learn more!
Need to Convert NSF to PST
There are a number of reasons why you might need to convert a Lotus Notes NSF file to an Outlook PST. Perhaps you’re moving from one organization to another, and the new organization uses Outlook instead of Lotus Notes. Maybe you’re upgrading your email client from Lotus Notes to Outlook, and you want to move your old emails over to the new program.
How to Convert NSF to PST- Manually
It is a free way to convert NSF to PST. You should backup your original Lotus Notes NSF file before converting it manually. The file can be damaged during conversion. NSF files can be manually converted into PST files in two steps:
Stage 1: Create an intermediate CSV file from Lotus Notes NSF files
Stage 2: Open the intermediate CSV file in Microsoft Outlook
Stage 1: Save NSF files as CSV
You can export NSF files from Lotus Notes by following the steps below:
- Start IBM Lotus Notes.
- Select File > Open > Louts Notes Application.
- In the Open Application window, browse to the required NSF file and click Open. The selected NSF file will open.
- Browse to the required NSF file
- Click Export from the File menu.
- In the Export dialog box, specify the file name, location, and save type.
- Select the Comma Separated Values ??format for the file. Please select comma-separated values
- A CSV export dialog box opens. Select the desired options from the Amount to export, Export character set, and Details to include sections. Click OK.
- Please select the option you want
- The exported data will be saved in a CSV file in the defined location.
Stage II: Adding a CSV file to Outlook
Follow the steps below to import the intermediate CSV file into MS Outlook.
- Start your Outlook. On the File menu, click Open & Export, and then click Import/Export.
- Click Open and Export.
- An Import and Export Wizard dialog box appears From the options, select Import from another program or file. next click.
- The dialog box for Import and Export Wizard
- Choose Comma Separated Values as the file type and click Next.
- Click Browse and select the path of his previously created CSV file using the Lotus Notes Export command. You can select options according to your needs.
- Select the path of your CSV file
- Select an Outlook folder to save the exported data and click Next.
- Select an Outlook folder to save the exported data
- Check the appropriate boxes in the Import File dialog box and click Finish. You can also change goals or map custom fields by clicking the same naming options. change destination
- The data in the “CSV file” will be imported into “MS Outlook”.
You can use the manual method but there are multiple limitations of the manual method as its time is taken processed and there is a chance of data loss. So to avoid these kinds of problems we recommended CloudMigration NSF to PST Converter?Tool. This tool has many features to convert NSF to PST easily. It also converts NSF file into many file formats. Novice users use this tool without any technical problems. You can try this tool to download its free demo version.
I hope here you have found out the Convert Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST. This blog provided you with both processes to convert NSF to PST?so you can opt for any of the methods which are suitable for you.