Hampta Pass Trek Manali Overview
A trek that has been addressed as a trek of dreams, the Hampta Pass Trek serves you with an amazing display of diverse landscapes within a 5-day mountain journey. Everything you come across you cross over this trek is simply breathtaking.
Located in the Pir Panjal Range of the Himalayas, the Hampta Pass Trek is truly magnificent and resembles a canvas painted in the very exciting and calming hues of Himachal Pradesh.
At an altitude of 14,010 feet, Hampta Pass is one of the most amazing trekking options that the state of Himachal Pradesh has to offer. Even though it has a moderate level of difficulty, the Hampta Pass trek is an amazing opportunity for amateurs and veterans alike. It is sure to mesmerise the travellers with its alluring panoramas and spectacular vistas. The pinewood forests, green meadows running up until the horizon, dancing mountain streams, elegant and beautiful wildflowers, tall mountains, beautiful valleys, peaceful lakes, and streams.
Hampta Pass trek is especially famous for its high grasslands, which the travellers would cross on their journey up to the highest point of the trek. At times, these patches of open land serve as campsites as well.
- The Pickup point on Day 1 of the tour will be Nehru Park at the upper end of Mall Road, near Manali Govt Bus station.
- Drop Point on Day 5- Nehru Park
- Time of departure from Nehru Park on Day 1- 12:00 noon
- Arrival time on Day 5 at Nehru Park- 4:00 pm (may vary due to traffic hindrance).
- The package cost includes transportation expenses from Manali to Jobra, Chatru to Chandratal, and back to Manali.
- How to reach Manali for Hampta Pass: Start a day prior from the Kashmiri Gate Bus station at Delhi at 6-7 p.m. It will take around 14-15 hours to reach Manali from Delhi, keeping in mind the traffic hindrance as well. The bus will reach the city of Manali at about 10:00 am.
- A number of private and government buses throng between Manali and Delhi.
- The private bus stop is merely 5 km from the government bus station. If you are travelling by private bus, you can avail of a local cab or auto to arrive at the meeting point.
- Cloakroom: There is a cloakroom available at the government bus station and it is a paid service on a daily basis. You can even hand over your baggage to our team and collect it while returning.
- Tents are available on a triple sharing basis for selves and friends, and on a twin splitting basis for couples. There is no stipulation for a separate tent for an individual.
Mid-June to mid-October is probably the best time to visit Hampta Pass. Higher regions of the valley may have some snow in the early days of the season but it always melts down completely by the commencement of the month of August.
The trek is defined as an easy to moderate trek and is a good fit for beginners as well as seasoned trekkers. One must have an optimum level of fitness for undertaking this trek. It surely has fewer challenges when compared to other treks of this elevation. Although some of the trails are moderately challenging, there are hardly any long stretches of treacherous trekking. Very few terrains require steep ascends and carefully descends. The difficulty level of this trek is majorly dependent on the weather conditions.
Below is a short list of things that you should carry along with you when joining the Hampta Pass Trek-
- Durable good-quality trekking shoes
- Camping shoes for crossing streams
- Thick woollen socks
- Thermal innerwear
- Heavy fleece clothes
- Covers to store used/wet clothing
- Winter jacket and waterproof coat
- Trekking pants
- Woollen cap, gloves, etc.
- Sunscreen lotion and other toiletries
- Water bottle
- Trekking pole
- First aid kit
- Personal medication
- Swiss knife
- A torch or flashlight with extra batteries
- A valid ID