Most women yearn to have long luscious hair but are not sure how to go about. Longer and fuller hair changes the looks of any woman. This hair makeover brings out the best facial features in you. With the tape in hair extensions, you will have an endless list of hairstyle options.
These are stunning hair strips and some of the latest trends in the beauty industry. The best thing about them is that they do not stress your scalp like Sew-In Hair Extensions.
Tape in hair extensions are made to give you a natural look, and no one can tell whether you are wearing them.
You can let them stay on for some time instead of attaching in the morning and removing at night. They can last up to six weeks, but with proper care, you can use them for eight weeks.
How to Apply Tape-In Hair Extensions?
Tape-in hair extensions are exceptionally thin and when worn they give your hair a fuller look. The hair looks natural as the wefts have two-sided tapes on the base part. You simply remove the transparent sheet and apply the weft onto the hair.
It should be done by a hairstylist to ensure perfection. The Hair Extensions are comfortable, and you do not even feel them.
Is It Possible To Shampoo The Hair When You Have Tape-In Extensions?
Tape in hair extensions are easy to maintain once you have installed them. It is possible to shampoo, deep condition and style it the way you want. However, do not use hair products that contain alcohol; they will break down the extensions’ glue leading to the fall out of the weft.
At night, sleep on a comfortable silk pillowcase. Ensure that you braid the hair when swimming, working out or playing sports. It helps reduce chances of tangling and knotting.
Always Brush Your Tape-In Hair Extensions Daily
Brushing your hair with tape in extensions is not as simple as it sounds. You have to do it daily and in the right way to keep your hair looking flawless. Here are some tips that you should apply when brushing tresses that have tape-in.
- Make sure you brush it in the morning and evening.
- Brush your hair before washing it. Wet hair is weak and can break easily, especially if it’s tangled.
- Start with the ends and move towards the roots to avoid pulling and stressing the tape.
- Get a brush made specifically for hair extensions.
Apart from brushing your hair, there are more things that you should do to your taped-in hair extensions. They include:
- Use the right products and avoid low-quality alcohol-based shampoos.
- Use a premium leave-in deep conditioner to prevent tangles.
- When shampooing, avoid scrubbing roughly. You can damage the extensions’ strips.
- Do not condition your hair from the roots; do it from mid-shaft.
- Dry the hair thoroughly before you sleep.
- Always used protective spays when using hot iron tools to style the hair.
Tape in hair extensions can easily transform your whole look. From just the girl next door, to looking like Miss Universe. These extensions are easy to apply and maintain. Make sure that you follow the above care tips for maintaining your hair, if you want your hair extensions to last longer.