When you hear the words ‘Digital Marketing’, what comes to mind? You are probably just thinking about marketing online. In the simplest form, this is true. However, it is not as simple as it sounds. Digital marketing encompasses a whole world in which there are a lot of different ways we can market a website or a product online.
These ways of marketing digitally involve a series of concepts which include strategies related to social media marketing, Search Engine optimization which is also referred to as SEO, Organic marketing, or paid marketing, etc. The list is long. Each technique involves its own set of methods and ways to market a product. This is not as simple as it sounds, a series of concepts are adopted to create the perfect digital marketing strategy.
In this article, we mention a few main concepts of digital marketing that are necessary for you to understand if you want to know to learn how to get things done in digital marketing.
Essential Concepts of Digital Marketing
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
This technique involves various techniques to include in your anime websites so whenever someone searches a particular word on the internet, your website would come on the top of the result page. This involves organic traffic and not paid. A lot of online marketing companies in Dubai will charge you an arm and a leg to offer you these services.
Email sounds old in 2020 when you have so many social media pages promoting your products. However, even today email marketing is a practicing digital marketing technique and it does show results. Why? Because while a lot of emails get ignored and goto our spam box folder, many professionals still resort to emails for checking out deals and updates about their favorite companies.
I, for one, personally do check out deals of Amazon and eBay on my email. It feels personalized and much filtered. Email marketing is a vital part of a digital marketing strategy that works best for building a relationship with customers and keep them updated about your products and services.
Social Media Marketing:
As the name suggests, social media marketing involves marketing your products and services on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. Social media marketing can be done organically or it can be a paid campaign
Having a digital marketing strategy for your social media campaign is a game-changer for companies it is not an exaggeration when I say social media marketing is something that can not be avoided in the year 2020.
Content creation and marketing:
This is a vital element of a digital marketing strategy. This involves creating audio and visual content for your followers and clients. Today, the audience reacts more positively towards the pictorial depiction of products and services more so than reading a 500 plus words description.
This content is used in different social media sites, in brochures, tv ads, etc. The delivery of this content can be done through various channels. Today a lot of online marketing companies in Dubai offer packages involving content for your website which involves blogs etc, or it can involve video or photo content, etc.
Pay Per Click (PPC):
This is a well-practiced marketing strategy that is adopted by Google, Facebook, Instagram, etc. As the name suggests, the strategy includes paying the advertising company only when a person clicks on the ad to your website or product.
This concept refers to people referring to or reviewing your company or products. This is also sometimes referred to as referral marketing.
Influencer marketing was the most used digital marketing strategy that was used in the year 2020 due to the pandemic. Influencer marketing, as the name, refers relays to marketing done by an influencer. This influencer can be a popular actor, model, blogger, or any person who has a huge fan following on social media trick sites.
The reason why influencer marketing was all the rage in covid-19 times is, celebrities and influencers took on influencer marketing projects and marketing the products from the comfort zone of their home, given the huge part of the year were dedicated to a total lockdown.
The above are the most common concepts used in digital marketing campaigns. However, the key to successful marketing lies in carefully devising the entire strategy and delivering it in a manner most effective. A lot of online marketing companies in Dubai offer these services and deliver results. However, if you want to take on this task yourself, here are a few tips and tricks for you to follow:
- State what the mission of your digital marketing campaign is. Is it introducing a new product? Is it rebranding or is it retargeting your product to new customers?
- If you have a clear mission stated for your digital marketing campaign, the next step for you to follow is to set a few objectives for your mission.
- A lot of digital marketing companies give you analytics reports. Your best bet is to invest in this report if you are devising a digital marketing campaign yourself. A Lot of social media sites give you a detailed report on these analytics. To make a successful campaign, you need to analyze these reports, don’t repeat mistakes, and carefully align your strategy by the metric you have.
- Know your Audience, This is a crucial yet sweet spot if you hit your campaign to the right audience. Do a proper analysis geographically, demographically, etc to target the right people. It has become easier to target the right audience as all the social media sites already have reported on their users and can hit your content right to the targeted people.
- Stay within your financial budget, donot go all-in with your money.
- It is okay to deviate from your plan a bit and be flexible in your strategies.