Finding out whether you’re expecting a boy or a girl is one of the most exciting aspects of being pregnant, and the gender reveal party is a fun opportunity to involve friends and family.
If you want to find out and share your baby’s gender before he or she is born, here’s how to throw a gender reveal party, as well as some innovative party ideas to make it even more memorable and entertaining.
First thing choose a theme for gender reveal party
The majority of Gender Reveals keep to the traditional pink and blue color theme, with pink and blue cocktails, napkins, décor, and party activities. You may even divide your visitors into pink and blue teams and compete against each other.
However, there are other popular Gender Reveal themes from which we think you might love. Here are some of our personal favorites:
- Mustaches or lipsticks
- Quarterback or cheerleader
- Bows or bowties
- “What will it bee?”
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (How we wonder what you are)
- Touchdowns or Tutus
- Cupcake or Stud Muffin
- Señor or señorita
Choose the perfect concept that fits both your and your partner’s personalities and can be easily coordinated with the invitations, cuisine, and décor.
Then Choose a date
Choose a location and a date. The date must fall after the mid-pregnancy ultrasound (which normally takes place around week 20), during which the ultrasound technician can determine whether you’re expecting a boy or a girl.
Send Invitations for Gender Reveal Parties
Invite guests to your gender reveal celebration a month or two in advance. Online, you may discover printable invites, some of which are even free. Many paper stores sell invitations, or you can create your own to complement your theme properly. Instead, send an email, a message, or simply create an event on social media to save time.
Include specifics such as the date, time, venue, and RSVP information, as well as whether you’d want visitors to dress in theme-appropriate clothing.
Decorations for a Gender Reveal Party
The most obvious approach is to decorate with a lot of blue and pink. With the help of blue and pink food dye, you may buy gender reveal party materials and cook cuisine to match.
Here are some suggestions for distinctive gender reveal party decorations:
- You can hang a banner above the front door, no matter what theme you choose, asking the question that’s on everyone’s mind: “He or she?” Come in and check it out!” or simply, “Is it a boy or a girl?”
- One of your decorations might also serve as a game. Use a gender reveal pinata as a centerpiece, for example, if your theme is senor or senorita.
- For your dessert table, present miniature honeybee-themed delicacies made from frosting or cupcakes, or use strips of black and yellow crepe paper as a colorful tablecloth for the “What Will It Bee?” theme.
- Place bowls of false mustaches and bright pink lipstick on a table for the mustaches or lipsticks theme so that your visitors may put one on and join in the fun. This is also appropriate for a bows or bowties theme.
Ideas for Gender Reveal Games
You may be stumped as to what to do at a gender reveal party. Of course, you should play games! One or two games will keep the party on track and on the theme in between meeting up with your visitors. Consider one of the following:
- This is a guessing game. Allow your visitors a quick glimpse of your ultrasound scan before asking them to identify the gender. All those who guessed correctly should receive a prize.
- Complement the subject. Request that your attendees dress in theme-appropriate attire, and award a reward to the best-dressed visitor.
- This is a time capsule. Ask your visitors to jot down their hopes, predictions, and advice for your baby when the gender is revealed, and then place the notes in a box. This box would be an excellent gift for your child’s 16th birthday. You might even use a webcam to capture the messages and play them back to your youngster later.
- Old wives’ tales are legends that have been passed down through the generations. There are several old wives’ tales online that claim to be able to foretell the gender of your child. (For example, it’s a girl if your partner is gaining weight; it’s a boy if he is maintaining his weight.) Find out what the ancient wives’ tales say about you, and then laugh when the true gender is revealed at the end.
- Invite attendees to come dressed in blue or pink to match their guess before the celebration. Then, once the gender is announced, award a prize to those who correctly predicted the gender.
With these ideas in mind, we are sure you will be able to throw just the perfect gender reveal party.