Microsoft Outlook saves all Exchange mailbox data in an offline mode (Cached Exchange). Also, this local file is called an OST files or Offline Outlook Data File. OST files are a replica of your Exchange mailbox on your computer. Outlook stores the data in OST files while working offline. Sometimes, these files may become corrupted or unusable. To continue having the access to these file data, you will need to convert them into other formats.
In this regard, PDF format is the most compatible and secure format to access your file data. This blog will help you to know how to convert OST files to PDF format along with the necessity to convert OST to PDF with attachments. But first, let’s discuss why a user changes OST to PDF format.
There are many situations when users may wish to export Outlook OST to PDF format. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Converting OST to PDF allows you to securely view and share your OST file data.
- It helps you to preserve your OST data in a secure format that is not susceptible to data loss.
- Converting OST to PDF makes it easy to access your OST files from any device or computer.
- It also helps you to save your OST files in a format that can be easily printed or emailed.
The above-mentioned are some of the most common reasons why a user wants to convert OST files to PDF format. However, In some instances, many users also prefer to convert OST to PST format so that they can view and access it offline.
- Firstly, open your Outlook application on your computer and choose the emails to convert them into PDF format.
- Then, go to the File section and click Save As option once you see the message window.
- After that, click on the Save As Type option from the dropdown and choose the .html option.
- In the next step, enter your File Name and click the Save button.
- Now, close the email client, then navigate to the destination where the MS Outlook HTML file must be saved.
- Afterward, choose the saved HTML file and right-click on it to open them in Word.
- After that, the MS Word application will display on your screen. You must click on the File >>Save as option.
- Then, click on the PDF file from the Save as Type dropdown menu.
- In the end, save the PDF file to any location you prefer and click on the Save button.
The above-mentioned are the most effective and reliable manual approaches to exporting Outlook OST to PDF. However, the manual method will only help you, If you have less data to convert. Although, If you have bulk data to convert, you need to adopt the advanced solution. In such cases, many experts recommend you opt for the professional approach.
It is difficult to convert OST files to PDF format. You may lose your data if you don’t do this process correctly. Therefore, using trusted and secure software will help you to convert OST files to PDF with all attachments. In ths regard, Cigati OST to PST Converter is one of the trusted utilities that allow to convert multiple OST files to PDF without glitches.
This software has an easy-to-use interface that doesn’t require technical skills to perform it effectively. It can export your bulk OST files to multiple formats like PDF, PST, EML, MSG, CSV, etc. Additionally, It is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows operating systems, including Windows 11.
In this blog, we have concluded why it is important to change OST to PDF. Also, we have discussed the most reliable manual and professional approaches to export Outlook OST to PDF. However, we also explained that a professional solution is more effective and efficient than a manual one as it provides more advanced features and security to its users.