There is no doubt that with 3.93 billion active mobile app users worldwide, businesses are vying for the same attention. Mobile applications are constantly driving change in the marketplace, targeting customers and business operations. In fact, demand and revenue for mobile apps in the business sector is predicted to reach?613 billion USD by 2025.
The first and foremost question when intending to construct an app is how long it takes to build an app. Let?s take a closer look at every single component that impacts the mobile app development process and the time to develop a mobile application.
A three to four-month timeframe is tempting, but it is difficult to achieve. Here are a few important steps you must meet:
The App Development Process in Key Stages
- One of the most important papers that entrepreneurs and app developers frequently overlook is the mobile app brief. The better the brief, the less time it will take to comprehend the software project and its needs. In fact, this single step may have a HUGE influence on the amount of time it takes to create an app.
- There are several things you must include in the brief you are working with, such as company information, a clear grasp of the project, and the mobile app development services you will need to install.
- This step normally ends with you having an examined document of the estimated app development process before moving on to other design and development phases. Let us first examine how long it takes to establish the foundation for all subsequent design and development procedures.
- Assembling a skilled squad
- For mobile app development to proceed well, you must have the correct team in place. Before development begins, the product manager and designer(s) should be developing documentation. This is not included in the previously indicated 3-4 month development period.
- Depending on your preferred development method, the upfront design phase might last a few weeks to a few months. Your product manager should also be using a platform like Pivotal to create precise user stories that your developers will code.
- Correct sequencing
It’s critical to prioritize the features you create while designing the front end of your mobile app with the back-end infrastructure. Provide a head start to your back-end engineer so that your front-end engineer can write functional code. If the back end isn’t properly defined and functioning, your front-end engineer’s efforts will be less efficient.
- Reduce your reliance on others
- In each mobile app development cycle, integrating with third-party technologies is always an uncertainty. Documentation will explain to you how things should operate; yet, technological items may not always perform as expected.
- You can create tester code to call third-party APIs and examine what data you get. This form of testing can provide you with a better knowledge of whether or not the technology is functioning effectively.
- But that will only get you so far. When integrating third-party technologies into your app and/or back-end infrastructure, there will always be unknown. In general, strive to tackle the most difficult and unfamiliar jobs first.
- Prototyping and MVPs
So, how can you design a mobile app while saving time? Prototypes and MVPs are great time-saving tools. They are easy to build and accurately represent the application’s original intent. The real app may be built by including new features and refining existing ones after the MVPs are made available to the general public. Many firms, such as Airbnb and MailChimp, began as MVPs before becoming live.
- Choose cross-platform
The largest controversy of all time is Android vs. iOS, and sometimes people are so confused that they don’t know which to select. Both platforms’ individual app development timelines and costs are relatively high. Though a remedy to this issue is offered by cross-platform software development. Great multi-platform apps can be produced in less time using solutions like Xamarin and PhoneGap.
- Employ a competent developer
The greatest thing you can do is hire a skilled app developer to construct your own app. In addition to having a wonderful UI/UX design, the app will also be made faster. In reality, if you opt to outsource, your hours will simply be reduced. One of the main reasons to outsource is that when you hire an off-shore professional app development business, you will not only receive a pleasant experience but will also make your work easier.
- Agile development
Agile development is popular because it shortens the development cycle, which benefits many android app development firms. The major reason for agile app development is that corporations cannot face the task of beginning afresh. It offers a flexible and adaptive programming style that is suitable for open-ended communication between app owners and developers. To put it simply, it quickens the development process and guarantees that the application is finished on schedule.
- Solutions with a white label
White-label solutions are items that are manufactured by one firm and then rebranded to look like those of another. This will save a lot of time when developing an app because nothing will have to be built from the start. This, however, will not result in an excellent application, especially one that produces a lot of visitors or revenue.
- Test automation
Even though automated testing seems obvious, many people ignore it. This form of testing is one of the main development periods that shortens the mobile app development cycle. The nicest part about automated testing is that it can perform a large number of tests simultaneously. As a result, manual testing takes less time and helps make the programme more secure.
Connect with Scrum Digital if you want to give your app users a flawless and stunning experience. A prominent name in mobile applications and website development Scrum Digital specializes in creating a wide range of apps and websites for e-learning, healthcare, and eCommerce among many others.. For additional information about our services, please visit the above-mentioned link.