MBOX is a popular file format for storing emails with encrypted attachments as well as plain text emails. Popular email clients including Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Entourage, and Eudora support it. MBOX is platform-dependent while having several benefits. You must use a suitable application, such as MBOX to PST Converter, to convert MBOX files to Outlook PST files if you’re switching from an MBOX-based email client to Outlook.
Instructions for Moving Email and Attachments from MBOX to Outlook PST
MBOX emails and attachments can be imported using one of two techniques into an Outlook PST file. You can select the option that best meets your needs, but because of its effectiveness, we suggest the automatic solution.
Adding MBOX files manually to Outlook
Depending on the MBOX client used, manually converting MBOX files to Outlook might be a little challenging. In this part, we’ll outline the procedures for converting MBOX to Outlook PST for Apple Mail.
Please be aware that this procedure can take some time and that you will need to install Eudora and Outlook Express on your computer, which can differ from how you are used to using Apple Mail and Microsoft Outlook for Windows.
The manual procedure has four steps:
- Data Extraction from Apple Mail to an MBOX File:
- Go to the mailbox you wish to convert in Apple Mail by opening it.
- To export a mailbox, select “Mailbox” and then “Export Mailbox.”
- To save the MBOX file, choose a folder.
Transferring files from Apple Mail to Eudora:
- The exported MBOX file should now end in MBX.
- Send the file to the default file storing place in Eudora.
Exchange files from Eudora to Outlook Express:
- Open Outlook Express and select File, Import, and Messages from the tabs.
- Choose Eudora.
- Select the folder in which you kept the MBOX file.
- The process of importing an Outlook Express file into Microsoft Outlook
- Go to File in Outlook after opening it.
- Select Import after choosing Open.
- Choose for “Import Internet Mail and Addresses.”
- Continue by selecting Outlook Express.
- You can view the data from Apple Mail in Microsoft Outlook when the conversion is finished.
MBOX File Export to Outlook Automatically
An automated solution is more effective than the manual approach, which is free and possible if you’re tech-aware. The conversion of MBOX to Outlook PST without any data loss is made simple with GainTools MBOX to PST Converter. The software enables quick and user-friendly conversion of many MBOX files to Outlook PST, including all emails and attachments.
Follow these procedures to transfer your emails and attachments from MBOX to Outlook:
- The GainTools MBOX to PST Converter should be installed on your Windows computer.
- Start the program, then add your MBOX files.
- Select the items to export after previewing the MBOX file.
- Select a new or existing PST file by selecting “Convert to PST” from the menu. For each MBOX file, you can even make several PST files.
- Use the Browse option to specify the PST file’s location.
- MBOX emails can be converted to an Outlook PST file with attachments by clicking “Convert Now” to begin the process.
It is possible to simple methods convert MBOX to Outlook PST, but it is ineffective and subject to the possibility of data loss. It is advised to utilize a third-party MBOX to Outlook Converter to ensure a seamless conversion while maintaining data integrity. To make the converting process simpler, these tools are built with a variety of capabilities. To assess the software’s capabilities, we advise downloading a demo version.