Car seats are quite likely to get dirty very often. But it’s also quite difficult to clean.
Luckily, car seat cleaners are of great help. But if you don’t know the art of taking stains out of your cloth car seats, then keeping a stunning car interior decor can get tricky.
Your car seats often receive a lot of wear and tear from daily use. From food stains to body sweat, your car seats end up looking somewhat stained.
Cleaning stick dashboards, greasy steering wheels or grubby handles can be squeaky clean with a single wipe, but not your car seats. It requires a bit of knowledge and time.
If you are also guilty of not cleaning your car seats, then consider getting them cleaned this weekend.
Thus, here is a small yet concise guide to cleaning your cloth car seats.
Top Tips Before Your Start
Before we begin talking about how to use a car seat cleaner, these are a few things you should know about the process:
- It’s extremely essential to clean up stains quicker than you can. The faster your act on the stains, the faster you’ll end up cleaning the seats.
- Before you begin to remove stains from using any of the mentioned methods, remove the spillage as best as you can using a pallet knife.
- Dry up any excess liquid or oil using a dry paper towel. Continue to dry the seat until your fresh paper towel appears to dry itself.
- Consider using distilled water where possible, as there’s a chance of leaving watermarks on your car seats.
- Please conduct a spot test on your car seats and begin at your own risk.
How to Clean Car Seats?
After cleaning out the major spillages from your car seats, getting rid of the streaks or stains is always a wise choice. Cleaning the car seats, especially the ones made out of clothes, are extremely vital.
Here are the steps to clean your car seats effortlessly using a car seat cleaner:
- Shake the car seat cleaner can and spray over an 80cm height over the stained area. Always spray the car seat cleaner downwards, never upwards.
- Work in the foam by using a clean brush or clean damp sponge. Rub the sponge, damp cloth or brush over the stained area of the seat for 10 to 15 minutes. Leave the seat for 2 hours or until it dries.
- Simply vacuum the seats thoroughly.
How to Remove Stains from the Car Seats?
Once you get rid of the settled dirt and debris off your car seats, it’s best to remove the stains. Take immediate action about the dirty stains on your seats before it becomes a permanent mark.
Before you begin cleaning, you first know what kind of stain you’re dealing with. For liquid stains like coffee, cold drinks or milkshakes, you will need to soak up the affected area with a damp cloth.
As for dry stains like mud, hair oil or chocolate stains, you will need to start by scraping off any excess substance with a hard item like knife, spoon or a piece of card. Scruff of the debris from the fabric first.
Once you are done brushing away the excess dirt, it’s time to use the car seat cleaner and stain remover spray to treat the stain. Here’s the simple steps to remove the dirt away –
- Spray the mentioned product onto the stain area and rub gently using a damp cloth or sponge. Don’t rub harshly as it can further damage the cloth and cause tears.
- Repeatedly spray the car seat cleaner and let it dry for upto 5 minutes and rub again, gently. It helps to remove stains that are tough to remove or have dried in.
So, here was the guide for removing stains with a car seat cleaner.
An effective car seat cleaner can truly transform the way to maintain your car at home and let you always have super clean and shining car seats.
If you are looking for the best car seat cleaner, Carorbis offers a wide range of selection to choose from. Carorbis provides affordable car care products online from hundreds of top brands and sellers.
Hope you enjoyed reading this article to the very end and found it helpful. Have a great day ahead!