Scotland is one of those countries where one will get numerous spots. The best part is that these vacation areas aren’t just for long trips. Instead, you can visit Scotland and revel in its beauty on weekends also. Almost seventy people of the UK visit Scotland during their weekends to escape their lives’ boredom and monotone.
From spa breaks Scotland to historical tours, many options are there to avail yourself for your weekend gate away. This article will focus on some of the most visited weekend vacation spots you will find in this country.
Edinburg- Historical tour
If you want to explore Scotland’s history further, visiting Edinburgh will be the best option. This city is famous for its connection to the UK’s history and culture, and hence, planning a weekend trip to this city wouldn’t leave you disappointed. Following are some of the major attractions of Edinburg:-
- Edinburgh Castle, which was once occupied by the royals.
- Holyroodhouse Palace, which is the queen’s official Scottish residence.
- The Royal Mile is a long stretch of road which connects both these castles.
- Visit the National Museum of Scotland to discover more hidden treasures.
- St. Giles Cathedral or the High Kirk of Edinburg.
Glasgow- Scottish culture trip
Another excellent weekend gate away in Scotland is Glasgow city. It is known to be the country’s cultural capital and is perfect for reducing your stress levels and making you feel rejuvenated and refreshed. Some of the major attractions in Glasgow are:-
- Glasgow School of Art
- The Merchant District, where you will find several shops, cafes, restaurants, and so on.
- I was strolling through the lanes of the Necropolis Cathedral- the city of the dead.
- Kibble Palace, where you will find some rare and unique plants within the largest glasshouse in the UK.
If you want to discover Scotland’s natural beauty, no other place will be as right as the highlands in Elgin. It is said to be one of the quaintest places in the entire country, with vast meadows, high-raised terrains, and a fantastic view of the horizon. Elgin is one of the famous places for spa breaks Scotland and a peaceful getaway. Some of the places that you can visit here are:-
- Loch Ness and the famous Urquhart Castle
- The Victorian Cawdor Castle and the beautiful gardens surrounding it
- Elgin’s historic cathedral
- Loch Maree is known to be a deep valley from the Pleistocene Era.
Isle of Skye-Trekking destination
The Isle of Skye is one of the largest Scottish islands which offer some excellent vacation spots to travel enthusiasts. It has innumerable trekking trails, which will make your weekend more memorable and exhilarating:-
- Neist Point
- Old Man of Storr
- Fairy Glen
- Coire Lagan
- Sgurr na Stri
Here, we have mentioned the four most fantastic vacation hotspots Scotland has. Each of these places has its appeal, which will help you forget about everything else in your life within your fingers’ snaps. So, without wasting any more time, start planning for a memorable weekend trip to Scotland.