Today there is countless number of tourist attractions available in India that are making tourists enjoys the tour to the fullest. Compared to any other a place in India Kerala is proven as a best tourist destination that is visited by thousands of tourists every year. In this fabulous destination there are several enchanting attractions available out of which Kerala backwater is the best one to visit.
These backwaters are peaceful, beautiful and so mesmerizing that one will surely fall in love with it. With its own unique charm these backwaters will make your holiday experience a perfect one.
Best Backwater destinations in Kerala
There are many backwater destinations available in Kerala city out of which below mentioned are top 10 famous backwater destinations in Kerala to visit and enjoy.
- Kumarakom Backwaters – For all those bird lovers this is a perfect place to visit. Different types of birds can be seen here in Kumarakom Village. Some of the beautiful birds that one can see here are Darters, Herons, Cuckoo, Wild duck and waterfowls. At this enchanting Kumarakom backwaters tourists can enjoy boating and fishing
- Kochi Backwaters –Kochi backwaters is one of the famous backwaters among all the others in Kerala. One can make this Kochi backwaters experience a memorable one by visiting several beautiful attractions available within this spot. One can enjoy a backwater cruise and can have a glance at Chinese fishing nets and Cargo ships.
- Kavvayi Backwater – It at Payyanur this backwater is very unique with its beautiful attractions. If you are looking for a peaceful tour experience then this backwater is the perfect place for you. One can enjoy seeing more than five islands while having a trip in house boating cruise here in Kavvayi.
- Kuttanad Backwaters – This is one of the best backwaters for the tourists to enjoy their tour to the fullest. While on a cruise one can witness rice fields places where farming is carried
- Kollam Backwaters –One can enjoy the cruise here and witness several birds and flock of ducks. The beautiful thing one can have a glance at is floating water lilies that will surely grab the attention of tourists with its beautiful look.
- Trivandrum Backwaters –If you are confused about the big list of backwaters in Kerala to visit then Trivandrum Backwaters is the perfect one to choose from. Tourists will be surely amazed to experience this most popular backwater cruise by passing rough the route of Kovalam, a stretch of perfect serenity.
- Ashtamudi Backwaters–Proven as second largest deepest wetland ecosystem, this backwaters helps you enjoy the beautiful scenes of coconut groves and palm trees. One can also enjoy seeing Chinese fishing nets here.
- Kasargod Backwaters – If you are looking for some thrilling experience in your Kerala tour then Kasargod backwaters is a must visit place for you. One can enjoy spending time in a lush landscape where you can see 4 beautiful tiny islands winning your heart.
- Kozhikode Backwaters – It is popularly known as Vasco Da Gama. One can enjoy the beauty of this backwaters buy catching a ride on the houseboats. There are many spectacular types of scenery that tourists can witness while on a ride in houseboats.
- Allapey Backwaters – When we talk about best backwaters in Kerala then Allapey backwaters is on the top of the list. One can enchant the best experience with houseboat cruise on this backwater and cherish the moments throughout the life.
Apart from the above mentioned there are plenty of other backwater destinations available in Kerala that one can visit and enjoy their tour. Taking a help from travel agents will surely help you get the best tour packages to the famous backwater destinations in Kerala.
One can also visit online world to get a complete list of backwater destinations available in Kerala and pick the one as per their interest. If you are planning to enjoy your tour in Kerala then the best time to visit this place would be between December and March to experience the real beauty of nature.